The Student Room Group

College screwed me over.

They didn't tell us we had to pay for retakes and apparently other people got a letter in the post (which I never received). So I did the exam, and when I got my results it didn't count because I didn't pay and I missed my firm offer because of it. I know I aced that exam but it didn't count. SO ANGRY.
Original post by einnap101
They didn't tell us we had to pay for retakes and apparently other people got a letter in the post (which I never received). So I did the exam, and when I got my results it didn't count because I didn't pay and I missed my firm offer because of it. I know I aced that exam but it didn't count. SO ANGRY.

This does not really make sense

If you went in to the exam hall and you were entered for the exam (on the seating plan and register) then the school paid your entry

What happened on Thursday - did you offer to pay then?
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
This does not really make sense

If you went in to the exam hall and you were entered for the exam (on the seating plan and register) then the school paid your entry

What happened on Thursday - did you offer to pay then?

I asked my teacher if I paid when I'd get the result, but she said, there's no point since you've already gotten into Uni... which I guess is true, but I did the exam and I deserve a better grade...:/
I asked my teacher if I paid when I'd get the result, but she said, there's no point since you've already gotten into Uni... which I guess is true, but I did the exam and I deserve a better grade...:/

Ok

I am still a bit confused - if you were entered and you sat the paper then the grade awarded would have included that result - are you saying that your school withdrew you from that module after you sat the exam?
Reply 4
Ok

I am still a bit confused - if you were entered and you sat the paper then the grade awarded would have included that result - are you saying that your school withdrew you from that module after you sat the exam?

I have no idea what they did! But on the results sheet, the module is at the bottom & says it hasn't been counted... They could have at least told me I had to pay? I was told by my teacher that if it's the first time you've retaken the exam you don't have to pay:/
I have no idea what they did! But on the results sheet, the module is at the bottom & says it hasn't been counted... They could have at least told me I had to pay? I was told by my teacher that if it's the first time you've retaken the exam you don't have to pay:/

It is a shame that your teacher did not check the school policy

Are you happy with the university that you are going to - if so ... Congratulations :biggrin:

If the module would improve your grade then I would talk to the exams officer at school to see what needs to be done
That sounds ridiculous. Can't you ask them to count it?!
Reply 7
It is a shame that your teacher did not check the school policy

Are you happy with the university that you are going to - if so ... Congratulations :biggrin:

If the module would improve your grade then I would talk to the exams officer at school to see what needs to be done

Thanks! I am happy with where I'm going! It's my insurance, but I was planning on (if I got into my firm) to change to my insurance anyway, so it all worked out. But it's like the fact that I could have gotten better grades and I did the exam...
And I don't want the fact that I have poorish grades to put me at a disadvantage when it comes to getting like a vacation scheme & training contracts etc.
Reply 8
Original post by anonymouspie227
That sounds ridiculous. Can't you ask them to count it?!

I don't know! I think I'd have to go through the exam board cos it didn't count on the results sheet. It's so annoying!!
Thanks! I am happy with where I'm going! It's my insurance, but I was planning on (if I got into my firm) to change to my insurance anyway, so it all worked out. But it's like the fact that I could have gotten better grades and I did the exam...
And I don't want the fact that I have poorish grades to put me at a disadvantage when it comes to getting like a vacation scheme & training contracts etc.

It is great that you are doing the course that you want to do at a university - congratulations once again

As I said - speak to your exams officer - this may be retrievable and the better grade will make you happier
Reply 10
It is great that you are doing the course that you want to do at a university - congratulations once again

As I said - speak to your exams officer - this may be retrievable and the better grade will make you happier

Thank you! It's not all bad I guess, I didn't know whether to be happy on results day or not!!
I just emailed them so hopefully will hear back next week!
Thank you! It's not all bad I guess, I didn't know whether to be happy on results day or not!!
I just emailed them so hopefully will hear back next week!

Be happy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending