The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shostakovish
Sorry, I just saw your comment on this thread; Death note is my favourite anime!
...Now, I will exit.
:goodnight:

I'm only 7 episodes in but it's great. Stay if you want, the more the merrier:biggrin:.
Original post by thatitootoo
That's great! Well done you! xP
I'm okkk, I finally got my Dutch A-level last year...:tongue: Trying to attack A-level German now; ES IST SO SCHWIERIG :redface: :tongue:

That's great :biggrin: I might do German AS/A2 during my gap year.
Original post by Red Fox
Haha that was great but...
Don't read this JustaDreamer:tongue:

Spoiler

Started Death Note today, Light is amazingly smart but such a dick:lol:

Yup, them calculations! If you like that sort of thing you should watch No Game No Life too :lol: although there are some references to other animes/games in there that you might not get :lol:

I've read the Kuroko manga which has finished but I won't spoil it for you :tongue:
Original post by Bude8
Yup, them calculations! If you like that sort of thing you should watch No Game No Life too :lol: although there are some references to other animes/games in there that you might not get :lol:

I've read the Kuroko manga which has finished but I won't spoil it for you :tongue:

I would read it but the show is so amazingly animated that I'm willing to wait. Will S3 be the final one then?
Original post by Red Fox
I would read it but the show is so amazingly animated that I'm willing to wait. Will S3 be the final one then?

Hmm I'm not actually sure, the manga got to the point where they scored only one point in the entire chapter, I think S4 is a possibility.There's a flashback arc too.
Original post by MangoFreak
That's great :biggrin: I might do German AS/A2 during my gap year.

Wahhhhh there is no such thing as a lazy year for you! 😝

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lazy lazy lazy. I'm a weird type of lazy, like I won't do what I'm meant to do because I cba, but I'll do things that probably take more effort than that... Idk.
Phewwwww, that's one less problem to think about :tongue:

How is A2 French self study going?
And why were you even worried about making friends when you are famous enough to have your TSR username come up under google search suggestions...:tongue: You're well known...at least among the student body of the universities you want to go to ^^

And I worte you a song in Dutch :frown:
Original post by Bude8
Hmm I'm not actually sure, the manga got to the point where they scored only one point in the entire chapter, I think S4 is a possibility.There's a flashback arc too.

Yeah I've heard about the flashback arc, should be good. It's about their time at Teiko isn't it?
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah I've heard about the flashback arc, should be good. It's about their time at Teiko isn't it?

Yup, it's good to learn about their history I think
Wahhhhh there is no such thing as a lazy year for you! 😝

How is A2 French self study going?
And why were you even worried about making friends when you are famous enough to have your TSR username come up under google search suggestions...:tongue: You're well known...at least among the student body of the universities you want to go to ^^

And I worte you a song in Dutch :frown:

Lol, I had to write some essays for her, and she said I hadn't lost my touch wooo and oral assistant said she's impressed I'm still able to speak. But yeah, I don't really do anything out of hours unless she specifically asks. Like she's suggested I do other essays but not essential so that means not doing them lol

Haha yeah, I'll wear my TSR badge

Lol when I see your songs all I see is the same word repeated so I don't get it
Lol, I had to write some essays for her, and she said I hadn't lost my touch wooo and oral assistant said she's impressed I'm still able to speak. But yeah, I don't really do anything out of hours unless she specifically asks. Like she's suggested I do other essays but not essential so that means not doing them lol

Haha yeah, I'll wear my TSR badge

Lol when I see your songs all I see is the same word repeated so I don't get it

Dayumm!! 😝 You need to write a book on how to effortlessly morph into a French speaker in like 18 months! lol but yhh that's really good :smile:

OMG YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WEAR A BADGE WITH YOUR USERNAME ON IT + THAT FISH YOU'RE FOREVER KEEPING AS YOUR DISPLAY PIC! :lol: 😂
Dayumm!! 😝 You need to write a book on how to effortlessly morph into a French speaker in like 18 months! lol but yhh that's really good :smile:

OMG YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WEAR A BADGE WITH YOUR USERNAME ON IT + THAT FISH YOU'RE FOREVER KEEPING AS YOUR DISPLAY PIC! :lol: 😂

It's weird though, like when I speak with her and that, I find my French goes quite bad compared to when I'm not around her. I think i get nervous I make silly mistakes, but when I just speak out loud randomly I speak a lot better because I don't fear the judgement haha

Its a TSR badge, no name :lol: quite nice though. I can't change my pic now... Unless someone finds me a better evil fish

Although I did one on paint which was pretty cool 2
I always keep forgetting about TSR. I have bursts of coming on here every so often... This is my first post since being in Year 13.. :colondollar:

If you're interested in how I got on in my results and how I'm getting on so far this year you can read it below.
I'll put it in a spoiler box because I'm sure there will be more people that don't want to see than those who do.

Spoiler

It's weird though, like when I speak with her and that, I find my French goes quite bad compared to when I'm not around her. I think i get nervous I make silly mistakes, but when I just speak out loud randomly I speak a lot better because I don't fear the judgement haha

Its a TSR badge, no name :lol: quite nice though. I can't change my pic now... Unless someone finds me a better evil fish

Although I did one on paint which was pretty cool 2

That makes sense! 'Cause if you were to make a mistake with the others...they wouldn't notice! So you could easily erase it from your memory in that situation :mmm:

Nawwwh

Original post by pizzanomics
I always keep forgetting about TSR. I have bursts of coming on here every so often... This is my first post since being in Year 13.. :colondollar:

If you're interested in how I got on in my results and how I'm getting on so far this year you can read it below.
I'll put it in a spoiler box because I'm sure there will be more people that don't want to see than those who do.

Spoiler

Repped 'cause it's always refreshing to see a poster that's not a straight A* student around here :rolleyes:
It's awesome that you're continuing with Deutsch - I'm also a student of the German language :tongue: Since you study Sociology as well, you will probably fare better with the A2 topics...which are all about issue in contemproary society and all of that! :tongue: Good luck with your application - hope you get some more offers soon! The wait must be 'schrecklich'
Repped 'cause it's always refreshing to see a poster that's not a straight A* student around here :rolleyes:
It's awesome that you're continuing with Deutsch - I'm also a student of the German language :tongue: Since you study Sociology as well, you will probably fare better with the A2 topics...which are all about issue in contemproary society and all of that! :tongue: Good luck with your application - hope you get some more offers soon! The wait must be 'schrecklich' ������

Thanks I guess haha. :smile:

Yeah, I'm finding the A2 topics a lot more interesting and easier to talk about than the AS topics. I regularly bring in basic knowledge from Sociology. I think any language is cool to have under your belt anyway. I don't think I'd be able to stand another year of learning German intensely, but I'm definitely going to keep it going after I finish the course - I find it strangely fun/rewarding to learn it, and you never know when you might need it again!

Thank you! I wouldn't say it's schrecklich though... More like furchtbar. :frown:
Exeter giving me an A*A*A offer initially was really good for me since it made the choice easier between there and Bath (A*AA). Now Exeter have lowered their offer to equal Bath's, and I'm in a dilemma as to which to place as my firm. =/
Original post by drowninginsound
To jam just means to mess around and play stuff with other people, not always improvising. Though I don't do enough of either. :tongue:

Well I've never been at any boarding schools, but Bath looked pretty nice to me. Wouldn't mind living there at all. :biggrin: What's your room like?

I'm thinking of buying a small practice amp for home/room use, can you recommend any decent ones? I've heard some things about Orange Amps, but I don't really want to spend more than £100. I'm currently using an AM Plug.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
I'm thinking of buying a small practice amp for home/room use, can you recommend any decent ones? I've heard some things about Orange Amps, but I don't really want to spend more than £100. I'm currently using an AM Plug.

Orange amps are great, I literally just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I use it for practice but it's good enough that I used it at a gig and it sounded fab (well, at least I thought so). :tongue: Roland do some good small amps too, I've got a little red one that's lovely. I'll send you some links in a bit, because I don't know the exact models. :colondollar:
Original post by Bude8
X

This is a really decent Orange amp, I've got the slightly bigger 35 watt version but this should be more than enough for practice!
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Orange-Crush-PiX-CR20LDX-Combo-With-Digital-Effects-Black/QBX

My friend's got one of these and said it's pretty cool:
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Roland-MICRO-CUBE-GX-Guitar-Amplifier-Red/TXQ

I've got the Roland StreetCube which is great, but probably a bit bigger than what you're after. If you're able to get down to a largish music store at some point to try out some amps that'd be best, but if you're happy going off online reviews and recommendations etc that's fine. :smile:
Original post by drowninginsound
This is a really decent Orange amp, I've got the slightly bigger 35 watt version but this should be more than enough for practice!
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Orange-Crush-PiX-CR20LDX-Combo-With-Digital-Effects-Black/QBX

My friend's got one of these and said it's pretty cool:
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Roland-MICRO-CUBE-GX-Guitar-Amplifier-Red/TXQ

I've got the Roland StreetCube which is great, but probably a bit bigger than what you're after. If you're able to get down to a largish music store at some point to try out some amps that'd be best, but if you're happy going off online reviews and recommendations etc that's fine. :smile:

Ah nice, 5 year warranties are so cheap! Never knew that :redface:

Quite like the look of the Orange though :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3579
I do get the distinct feeling that I'm interrupting something so -my apologies- but does anyone else feel ready to go to university NOW and totally reluctant to go through the actual 'getting-the-grades-to-get-in' process?! I'm suffering dreadfully! Help!

Latest