The Student Room Group

2 days and still no response from my clearing offer

I received a verbal and written confirmation that a uni has offered me a place through clearing. I added this choice on Thursday and my offer still hasn't been confirmed. On track it says the university is still considering my application. This is taking way too long and i need to quickly sort out my accommodation. The clearing hotline is closed on weekends for the university i applied to, i have to wait till Monday 9am to contact them. I am now afraid of being rejected.
Maybe call them back, tell them you got an offer but it hasnt been confirmed and ask why this is

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by mhassan
I received a verbal and written confirmation that a uni has offered me a place through clearing. I added this choice on Thursday and my offer still hasn't been confirmed. On track it says the university is still considering my application. This is taking way too long and i need to quickly sort out my accommodation. The clearing hotline is closed on weekends for the university i applied to, i have to wait till Monday 9am to contact them. I am now afraid of being rejected.

Does the uni have a social media channel that's active over the weekend? Might be worth trying to get hold of someone via twitter or Facebook?
Original post by mhassan

See if there is some forum or helpline available on weekends. I shouldn't worry too much- written and verbal confirmation should suffice and we all know that the UCAS online system is a shambles (when I finished my A levels it told me I was in clearing only for me to discover that not only had I got my grades but exceeded them!!) It may just be the case that they haven't updated it online. Good luck though!

Quick Reply