The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Joiner
How much revision is everyone gonna do over Easter?

I'm thinking 4 hours a day..

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I've been doing so far, but it doesn't feel like I've done enough, so I'm probably going to raise it to 6 hours - spread out through the day. :smile:
Are you mainly doing exam-style questions or making revision notes?
Original post by dumb cabbage
Is anyone doing ocr geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am. OCR spec B, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by semise
That's what I've been doing so far, but it doesn't feel like I've done enough, so I'm probably going to raise it to 6 hours - spread out through the day. :smile:
Are you mainly doing exam-style questions or making revision notes?

Tending to do a past paper then read over notes of where I've gone wrong, that works for sciences but harder for history and English etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully starting proper 7-9 hours a day revision tomorrow. Night all!
Original post by turn-to-page394
Ahaha, I needed to rant. They were planning to take away a chunk of our study leave...

Everything's better now though cuz they reached a compromise and agreed to only cut out one week. :smile: So it's all good. (Well, still annoyed but at least they listened to our complaints. :biggrin:)

In hindsight, I probably would have survived... I just like to be melodramatic and all that shiz. :colondollar:

Anyways, how are you? :smile:

You're lucky, we don't get ANY study leave!
Original post by emmaalouisee

Same. I go on 'study leave' 3 days before my first exam (and only because it falls on a weekend) grrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiera28
Same. I go on 'study leave' 3 days before my first exam (and only because it falls on a weekend) grrrr

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so annoying, we're not even allowed to go home during the exam season, like we have to go to all of our normal lessons unless we have an exam then we go back to lessons after it... It's absolutely ridiculous but apparently it's the law now?!
it's not the law. I'm sorry but your school completely destroyed you guys. I have never written on the student room but I had to reply because your school has made up the biggest amount of ******** I have ever heard!!! (btw I just mad an account just to right to this) ^
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4908
Original post by rgsgewefg
it's not the law. I'm sorry but your school completely destroyed you guys. I have never written on the student room but I had to reply because your school has made up the biggest amount of ******** I have ever heard!!! (btw I just mad an account just to right to this) ^

Unfortunatley you're incorrect. The law regarding study leave before exam periods was reinstated by the department for education and Ed Milliband (-_-) in 2008. School's are not lawfully required to allow their students study leave before the exam series begins. It is however optional if they want to allow students to go to and from school in between their exams.
Original post by aha1
Unfortunatley you're incorrect. The law regarding study leave before exam periods was reinstated by the department for education and Ed Milliband (-_-) in 2008. School's are not lawfully required to allow their students study leave before the exam series begins. It is however optional if they want to allow students to go to and from school in between their exams.

They were talking about study leave during exam sessions, not before hand.
Oh crap.

One month until exams start, guys D: Good luck to you all!
Original post by kiera28

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ours starts a week into our exams ahahaha! Like I have two do non stop exams (10 in a row) for a week and then our study leave starts so i can go to and fro home only then...
Hey people,

This may come as a bit of a shock, but to help you all stop procrastinating and prepare for your exams, the Study Help Moderation team has come to the unfortunate decision that we are going to have to close year group threads. This is a decision that we have not made lightly and is something that we are doing for your best interests. The threads will be closed in a weeks time.

If you have any questions, feel free to quote me, Nirgilis, Slowbro93 or Changing Skies and we will clarify things for you.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by usycool1
Hey people,

This may come as a bit of a shock, but to help you all stop procrastinating and prepare for your exams, the Study Help Moderation team has come to the unfortunate decision that we are going to have to close year group threads. This is a decision that we have not made lightly and is something that we are doing for your best interests. The threads will be closed in a weeks time.

If you have any questions, feel free to quote me, Nirgilis, Slowbro93 or Changing Skies and we will clarify things for you.

Why are you doing this when many people's, mine included, main source of motivation comes from seeing how hard the other people on this thread work? Also I've tried to ask for help about subjects on the Study Help boards and I've never got a response, so I prefer to ask the people I know on here... Do you propose an alternative?

Edit: just realised the date. Not funny :facepalm:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by emmaalouisee

Ouch. That sucks. :frown:
Hey people,

Nice one. I almost forgot it was today. :rolleyes:
Original post by Mr...
One of the Y10 double science classes have driven 10 teachers out of our school from September :rolleyes:

Ten teachers! :eek: What did they do to drive that many teachers away?!
Original post by Michael_Real
Yes I am. OCR spec B, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh same, how much revision have you done so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey people,

That's cool mate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest