The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Purple-Pixie
Thank you!

Yeah, she is a good teacher but she is quite disorganised when it comes to emails so I'll see if she responds and if not I'll ask her after the holidays :smile:

I'm doing English Lit, Psychology, Politics and Sociology for A Levels, what about you?

Ooooo a lot of my friends are taking the same subjects as you! Im hoping to do Maths, Phsyics, Bio and French ~ I'm generally told having French in the mix is a weird combo but ah well xD
What are you thinking of doing the future then? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I'm in need of some advice~ For my A Levels, I was going to take French, Spanish, maths and physics, since I didn't know whether or not I wanted to do engineering or something languagey. I've settled for languages, and I think I want to diplomacy and security studies - I've looked at UN internships and different things. Here's my dilemna, do I swap physics for sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Guys, I'm in need of some advice~ For my A Levels, I was going to take French, Spanish, maths and physics, since I didn't know whether or not I wanted to do engineering or something languagey. I've settled for languages, and I think I want to diplomacy and security studies - I've looked at UN internships and different things. Here's my dilemna, do I swap physics for sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, I would keep physics or perhaps exchange for another facilitating subject. I'm sure Sociology is a good A Level, but a facilitating subject will look and be a lot better, especially if you want to go to a Russel group university and study diplomacy, government etc. A Humanities subject could also come in hand, as it would show your broad range of subjects.

This is just my opinion though, if you really want to do Sociology then do it.
Original post by semise
Ooooo a lot of my friends are taking the same subjects as you! Im hoping to do Maths, Phsyics, Bio and French ~ I'm generally told having French in the mix is a weird combo but ah well xD
What are you thinking of doing the future then? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool! Those sound like good subjects and yeah it is different to have a language in that mix but I think it's good to have a contrasting subject :smile:

I'm not sure what I want to do in the future yet - possibly study an English Lit degree if I still like the subject by then haha, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to ask again: how much cross referencing per each point for the english literature paper(s) (AQA)?
Original post by PhoenixHellRider
Going to ask again: how much cross referencing per each point for the english literature paper(s) (AQA)?

I have no idea. If people haven't replied it's probably because they don't know either, haha!
To anyone who is doing Edexcel Further Additional Science, I found this video which runs through the C3 June 2014 paper which I found very helpful: http://youtu.be/6JiZPeiKAhs

Posted from TSR Mobile
What should I do with all the tests I've done throughout my courses - keep or throw? I really don't see how I can use them in my revision... and I have so many!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah cool! Those sound like good subjects and yeah it is different to have a language in that mix but I think it's good to have a contrasting subject :smile:

I'm not sure what I want to do in the future yet - possibly study an English Lit degree if I still like the subject by then haha, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha yeah, I guess A levels will decide if its really the subject you want to carry on to uni. But books are awesome so getting to learn them in depth doesnt sound so bad xD

I would like to go into natural sciences or comp science since I really like physics and maths~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
What should I do with all the tests I've done throughout my courses - keep or throw? I really don't see how I can use them in my revision... and I have so many!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be afraid to throw them away. Once you have taken in what you've done wrong and made a way to improve, I think there's really no point keeping them. I have thrown away maths papers I have done, they take up too much room and if I want to do them again there's always the internet.
Original post by semise
Ahaha yeah, I guess A levels will decide if its really the subject you want to carry on to uni. But books are awesome so getting to learn them in depth doesnt sound so bad xD

I would like to go into natural sciences or comp science since I really like physics and maths~

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, books are awesome and I quite like analysing :smile:

Ah that sounds cool!
Can someone please help me out? I rely on Xtreme Papers for a lot of my past papers, such as English and Science. However, it's not working on my laptop and it hasn't been for the past week! Is it just me this is happening to? :frown:
Can someone please help me out? I rely on Xtreme Papers for a lot of my past papers, such as English and Science. However, it's not working on my laptop and it hasn't been for the past week! Is it just me this is happening to? :frown:

I just checked, and the same thing happened on my end.

Presumably, the law got to 'em. IDK.
Original post by LeFeuilly
I just checked, and the same thing happened on my end.

Presumably, the law got to 'em. IDK.

Thanks for checking, that's so annoying though as I was going to see if I could find some past papers for my English Lit as there are none on the CIE website for my class' specific book, poems and play :frown:

Oh right, were they not supposed to be uploading all those past papers due to copyright from the exam boards or something?
Thanks for checking, that's so annoying though as I was going to see if I could find some past papers for my English Lit as there are none on the CIE website for my class' specific book, poems and play :frown:

Oh right, were they not supposed to be uploading all those past papers due to copyright from the exam boards or something?

Probably, which sucks; I'm still not sure why the May/June 2014 papers from both CIE and EDEXCEL haven't been made public yet.
Original post by LeFeuilly
Probably, which sucks; I'm still not sure why the May/June 2014 papers from both CIE and EDEXCEL haven't been made public yet.

Oh right :frown: Yeah I've been wondering that as well, I thought they were usually public by now.
Original post by karmacrunch
:console:

The case studies? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erghh yes! And I also got a geography book for my exam board and I'm making flash cards for it and I'm so bored of making flash cards :frown: the mock was so much easier, we got told what kind of questions will be in the paper where as for the exam you have to known pretty much the entire course! :frown: I should have chosen RE...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know how on earth I'm going to remember 42 research studies for Psychology :frown:
Original post by dumb cabbage
Erghh yes! And I also got a geography book for my exam board and I'm making flash cards for it and I'm so bored of making flash cards :frown: the mock was so much easier, we got told what kind of questions will be in the paper where as for the exam you have to known pretty much the entire course! :frown: I should have chosen RE...
Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you thought of other ways to help you revise case studies- if flashcards are boring you? :redface: I'm sure it'll be fine. You'll get there so don't give up! :yep::hugs: Woaaaaaah. Don't think that RS is a walk in the park! :tongue: There are quite a few topics to learn... along with teachingss. + Learning facts and examples is also pretty useful. :h:

I don't know how on earth I'm going to remember 42 research studies for Psychology :frown:

:console: Have you started your revision for it yet? :redface:

Latest