The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
I know that, you're all amazing... I suppose if i was able to get through the year, i can manage the final part, right? :jumphug:

Indeed, that's the spirit :woo: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Following suit from @Neuth, good luck to all you year 11s in the final push for your exams :yes: They'll be over before you know it! :h:

If anyone would like help with English lit, English lang, history, RE or Spanish then let me know, they were my best GCSEs :yes:
Original post by Neuth
Hey lovely Year 11s :hi:

Just a quick message to say that I hope everything goes well for any exams you may have left :h:
Stay focused and you will do amazingly. Honest.
I hope all of the ones you've done already went well, too :redface:

If anybody needs any help, particularly with any Sciences, English or Maths I'd be very happy to help you :yep: If it's for another subject, I'll try and find someone who studies it if I can't work out the answer (I have a long list of helpers :colone:).

Caitlin :jumphug: (Year 12 - Bio/Chem/Maths/Eng Lit Student :redface:)

That's such a nice thing to say thank you for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
That's such a nice thing to say thank you for that!

My pleasure :hugs:
Original post by Neuth

Just a quick message to say that I hope everything goes well for any exams you may have left :h:

If anybody needs any help, particularly with any Sciences, English or Maths I'd be very happy to help you :yep: If it's for another subject, I'll try and find someone who studies it if I can't work out the answer (I have a long list of helpers :colone:).

Awhhh :jumphug: This is lovely :hugs:
Original post by Steliata
yuuup *raises hand*

Aww, how many?
Who has study leave now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Neuth

Thank you! :smile: That has made me feel slightly better about the fact I'll be crying on results day because most of exams so far have gone really badly. XD Do you have any tips for the AQA English Language paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by negatron
Who has study leave now? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Study leaver over here! Our last day was the 15th May xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sditta
Aww, how many?

15 :lolwut:
Original post by Gilo98
Such a shame the exam format changed last year also - pre 2014 exams asked you to do a question on either rivers or coasts, either population or settlement and either tectonic or climatic hazards - meant you could half the content :frown:

Also hope they don't specify in the case study questions for an MEDC or LEDC

They've just made it so much harder for us tbh, how did you find the previous geography exam we did?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6711
Hello! After completing my science GCSE additional exams i was wonderingn if you could help me with my possible grade. I believe my addition ISA grade was a high B (B+) then i believe i may have got a high B in physics, a B in biology but a high D in chemistry. (I stuggle with chemistry 😕). What do you think this would equal out to? Thanks!
Original post by Gingerbread101
Following suit from @Neuth, good luck to all you year 11s in the final push for your exams :yes: They'll be over before you know it! :h:

If anyone would like help with English lit, English lang, history, RE or Spanish then let me know, they were my best GCSEs :yes:

Aww that's so nice :biggrin: Uhm would you be able to give me any tips for AQA English Language paper? I really want at least a B :frown:
Original post by 1d4.0
Hello! After completing my science GCSE additional exams i was wonderingn if you could help me with my possible grade. I believe my addition ISA grade was a high B (B+) then i believe i may have got a high B in physics, a B in biology but a high D in chemistry. (I stuggle with chemistry 😕). What do you think this would equal out to? Thanks!

Either a secure B or a very high C I think :smile:
Original post by almahoney
Aww that's so nice :biggrin: Uhm would you be able to give me any tips for AQA English Language paper? I really want at least a B :frown:

I made a thread with all my basic tips on the paper a while ago, you should check it out :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3124463 If you want any more info other than what's there then let me know :yep:
Original post by dumb cabbage
They've just made it so much harder for us tbh, how did you find the previous geography exam we did?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. No idea for the SDME. Though I kept repeating myself throughought the whole paper :frown:
I made a thread with all my basic tips on the paper a while ago, you should check it out :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3124463 If you want any more info other than what's there then let me know :yep:

Ah cool ! That helped clear some things up cheers :biggrin:
Also, for the 8 mark questions would you say 4 points explained in detail and for the 16 marks 8 points (4 for each source) in detail would be enough to get the majority of the marks?
Original post by almahoney
Ah cool ! That helped clear some things up cheers :biggrin:
Also, for the 8 mark questions would you say 4 points explained in detail and for the 16 marks 8 points (4 for each source) in detail would be enough to get the majority of the marks?

Yeah I'd say that would be fine :yes: Just make sure your points are developed enough rather than limiting yourself because you want to get a certain amount of things in :smile:
Also for the 16 mark question, make sure you aren't doing separate points for each source- you should be comparing them throughout :smile:
Reply 6718
Either a secure B or a very high C I think :smile:

thanks ! Hopefully its a B!
Original post by 1d4.0
thanks ! Hopefully its a B!

I think it should be :yep: Best of luck! :h:

Latest