The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vd12345
Never heard of maze run

There is a film coming out soon of it...? It's quite interesting - like another take on the Hunger Games but a completely different concept. That didn't make sense did it... :colondollar:
Original post by lauzy00
Ravenclaw. :cool: Yourself?

Nice. :biggrin: Predominantly Ravenclaw too...:five: Tho maybe also a bit Hufflepuff and teensy bit Slytherin. In terms of personality traits that is, my house would still definitely be Ravenclaw *nods*. (no gryffindor... nope. nada.)

Original post by Steliata
I'm a Hufflepuff. Sorry to butt in :tongue:

The friendly house. :smile:
Hi I'm a current year 11, I took my science GCSE in year 10 and I want to re-sit. If I re-sit do I keep my best grade? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by turn-to-page394
Nice. :biggrin: Predominantly Ravenclaw too...:five: Tho maybe also a bit Hufflepuff and teensy bit Slytherin. In terms of personality traits that is, my house would still definitely be Ravenclaw *nods*. (no gryffindor... nope. nada.)

The friendly house. :smile:

Yes indeed :ahee:

Although I base house sorting on what people value as opposed to what you are. For example Hermione is very intelligent but thinks bravery is more important. Gryffindor is bravery, Ravenclaw is knowledge, Hufflepuff is loyalty and Slytherin is ambition. So which house you are in depends on what you think is most important. :-)
Reply 1664

Although I base house sorting on what people value as opposed to what you are. For example Hermione is very intelligent but thinks bravery is more important. Gryffindor is bravery, Ravenclaw is knowledge, Hufflepuff is loyalty and Slytherin is ambition. So which house you are in depends on what you think is most important. :-)

That's a good point. Probably why I'm Slytherin. I've never really known why... I'm not particularly mean, more ambitions. :biggrin: Ravenclaw would be my 'secondary' house

Yes, totally agree. :smile: Valuing bravery would make you more brave and being brave would make you value bravery and gah, it goes round in circles...

Another theory I have is that if you're brave enough to ask to be in Gryffindor, then you're in Gryffindor. If you are ambitious and want to be in Slytherin because of this, then yeah... I guess the Sorting Hat has a very complicated job. I don't envy it. :biggrin: There are so many ways of 'sorting' someone. :confused:

I like your way of viewing it though. :smile:
Original post by sunday_morning
I can't do art to save my life, but it sounds fun :smile:

I've found them quite difficult, I think it depends what the questions are. I'm better at some questions than I am at others.

We had to choose Music, Art or Drama. Didn't you have to choose a creative subject? I think Maths has always been one of my best subjects, I'm quite a logical person

I start my Biology practical next week
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Hi I'm a current year 11, I took my science GCSE in year 10 and I want to re-sit. If I re-sit do I keep my best grade? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

yh but they may ask if you did any resits for uni/sixthform/jobs
Original post by NathalieGW
We had to choose Music, Art or Drama. Didn't you have to choose a creative subject? I think Maths has always been one of my best subjects, I'm quite a logical person

I start my Biology practical next week

I would have not been happy if I'd have had to do a creative subject, I just cannot do anything like that :biggrin:
We had to choose a language, a DT or Computer Science (So I chose CS), and then we had 3 free choices and I then made sure I chose non-creative subjects :tongue:
Original post by nox1
That's a good point. Probably why I'm Slytherin. I've never really known why... I'm not particularly mean, more ambitions. :biggrin: Ravenclaw would be my 'secondary' house

Yeah, Slytherins aren't mean, just ambitious, although unfortunately there seem to be a fair few mean ambitious people. It's a shame, they give Slytherin a bad reputation in the books.

Yes, totally agree. :smile: Valuing bravery would make you more brave and being brave would make you value bravery and gah, it goes round in circles...

Another theory I have is that if you're brave enough to ask to be in Gryffindor, then you're in Gryffindor. If you are ambitious and want to be in Slytherin because of this, then yeah... I guess the Sorting Hat has a very complicated job. I don't envy it. :biggrin: There are so many ways of 'sorting' someone. :confused:

I like your way of viewing it though. :smile:

Yeah I don't envy it either, imagine having to sort so many kids! If I were the sorting hat then I'd probably get bored and put people into random houses lol :mmm:
Wow, you girls really do love HP. Its like he's the JB for nerds.
The Year 10 thread is still owning us :<
Original post by Strom

Duh. Karma is present. :smug:

:tongue:
Original post by Strom

Us lot are just all really boring :biggrin:
(Or more inclined to read rather than comment)
Original post by vd12345
Wow, you girls really do love HP. Its like he's the JB for nerds.

:mad::mad::mad: Please never compare Justin ******* Bieber to Harry Potter ever again... Utter ends of my love-hate spectrum (guess which end JB is at...)

And just to clarify, I don't love 'Harry Potter' as a person... He isn't even up there on my list of favourite characters. :biggrin: I love the Harry Potter series.

Thank you for calling me a nerd btw. Compliment taken. :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Strom

Meh, they have more spare time...
Original post by Martie08
Us lot are just all really boring :biggrin:
(Or more inclined to read rather than comment)

Yep! And I think we're all just so busy with school that we don't have the time! :biggrin:
Original post by karmacrunch
Duh. Karma is present. :smug:
:tongue:

:colonhash:

:colone:
Original post by Strom
:colonhash:

:rolleyes: