The Student Room Group

Can you accept a clearing offer and then get into original choice

So I missed my offer for Warwick International Management by two grades, got ABB instead of AAA, which was pretty surprising, but I have been told by L'boro they will offer me a place through clearing (have an email with the offer).
Warwick still need to reject me on UCAS because i have been speaking to them for a while, and they wanted to give me a place on another course (which i've said i dont want to do). They have been really friendly and helpful, knowing that I am waiting for a remark in geography, which i'm hoping will give me A*AB. They said that they should be able to let me in with that. They said for the time being they will have to reject me though, so would I be able to accept L'boro on clearing and then go back to Warwick if they agree to let me in?

Thanks
Nope, if you accept Loughborough then that's where you're going
Original post by michaelhaych
Nope, if you accept Loughborough then that's where you're going

You sure? So if I add L'boro as a clearing choice, and Warwick review there decision and offer me a place again I can't accept it?
Thanks!
Original post by Georgehigginson
So I missed my offer for Warwick International Management by two grades, got ABB instead of AAA, which was pretty surprising, but I have been told by L'boro they will offer me a place through clearing (have an email with the offer).
Warwick still need to reject me on UCAS because i have been speaking to them for a while, and they wanted to give me a place on another course (which i've said i dont want to do). They have been really friendly and helpful, knowing that I am waiting for a remark in geography, which i'm hoping will give me A*AB. They said that they should be able to let me in with that. They said for the time being they will have to reject me though, so would I be able to accept L'boro on clearing and then go back to Warwick if they agree to let me in?

Thanks

If you accept L'boro you would then need to get them to release you

Is the L' boro offer time limited
Original post by TenOfThem
If you accept L'boro you would then need to get them to release you

Is the L' boro offer time limited

it was yeah, but Warwick have said if my remark goes up they will give me an offer on clearing and I need to get Loughborough to release me. So thank you
Reply 5
I'm in the exact same situation - waiting for a remark, and it's with Loughborough too. So did you accept L'boro's offer for now?
Reply 6
Original post by Georgehigginson
it was yeah, but Warwick have said if my remark goes up they will give me an offer on clearing and I need to get Loughborough to release me. So thank you
If you do get your place at Warwick back, UCAS will help you to sort this out. It should be possible - see the first post in this thread. Remember you need to keep both unis informed about what you are doing.
Original post by PokeyZ
I'm in the exact same situation - waiting for a remark, and it's with Loughborough too. So did you accept L'boro's offer for now?

Yeah I've accepted lboro for now and will have to withdraw if the remark comes back and warwick are willing to let me in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending