Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Panicking!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by dezza156
The girls in my flat I think are planning to go out every night as far as I know, but I'm really not up for that! I think we'll have loads of time to see our flat mates over the year, I kinda want to use freshers week to get to know others who won't be partying so much! I'm just hoping there's others who don't get the wristband 'cause I read that you can't go to the student union events without it :s-smilie:

Yes, I suppose you're right! There are some good events with the wristband though, like go ape, cinema, trip to the beach and angel of the north etc. So I might get it just for those things
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by BethV57
Yes, I suppose you're right! There are some good events with the wristband though, like go ape, cinema, trip to the beach and angel of the north etc. So I might get it just for those things

Yeah I just don't have the money for it so i dunno :/
Reply 22
Yeah I just don't have the money for it so i dunno :/

I know, me neither really! I really need to find a part time job when I get there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethV57
I know, me neither really! I really need to find a part time job when I get there!

Same! Right now I'm looking into just working a few hours a week at the clubs running the events, good way not to go for drinking and good pay :smile:
Reply 24
Same! Right now I'm looking into just working a few hours a week at the clubs running the events, good way not to go for drinking and good pay :smile:

That's a good idea! I've applied to a few part time jobs online so far :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BethV57
That's a good idea! I've applied to a few part time jobs online so far :smile:

Most of the jobs I've seen have wanted interviews before I've even arrived so I'm having to wait til I'm there to apply for proper ones!
I'm at Bowsden Court :smile: I think it'd be easier for us to know who isn't up for all the partying in the first week so we're not left wondering about!

Hi girls, did this facebook group get made??? I don't want to go out partying either :frown: lol
Reply 27
Original post by alysha29
Hi girls, did this facebook group get made??? I don't want to go out partying either :frown: lol

No, there's still time to make one though :smile:
Original post by BethV57
No, there's still time to make one though :smile:

Oh I am dreading freshers week so much lol. :frown: I might make a group tomorrow. What accommodation are you in Beth?
Reply 29
Oh I am dreading freshers week so much lol. :frown: I might make a group tomorrow. What accommodation are you in Beth?

Have you got a wristband? I'm in Liberty Plaza, how about you?
Original post by BethV57
Have you got a wristband? I'm in Liberty Plaza, how about you?

Sorry for the late reply! Yep I bought one :-) you? I'm in bowsden court!
Reply 31
Sorry for the late reply! Yep I bought one :-) you? I'm in bowsden court!

Yes, I did too 😊
Original post by BethV57
Yes, I did too 😊

Yet that's great! Have any of the activities/events taken your fancy?
Reply 33
Yet that's great! Have any of the activities/events taken your fancy?

Yeah, loads of the daytime ones, like the aquarium, cinemas, trip to the beach, various tours. How about you?
Oh I am dreading freshers week so much lol. :frown: I might make a group tomorrow.

You guys make a group in the end? Don't want to be alone all week!
Original post by Jess_1324
You guys make a group in the end? Don't want to be alone all week!

I'm not going to lie, I don't even know how to make one..but I move in tomorrow. However if you have facebook (pm me on here) and you can add me. I will definitely be at the daytime events and some of the alternative evening ones, I'm 95% sure there will be more people like us! X
Reply 36
Hiya. Is anyone here already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending