The Student Room Group

Aqa psychology a psya1 and psya2 revision help

I'm starting psychology in September and I need help with how to revise for it because it looks really complicated. Any resources or notes would be amazing! Tips for how to answer questions and how to go about understanding the topic would be awesome too.
Get this textbook:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychology-AS-AQA-A/dp/0007255039/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1408191355&sr=8-2&keywords=psychology+aqa+a

It is written specifically for the AQA A specification. Anything that is in the book is something you need to know; if it's not in the book, you don't need to know it. It's really helpful. Slightly pricey, but well worth it.
Reply 2
Don't Worry, when I first chose Psychology I thought I was going to fail as it seem so complicated but with hard work I managed to get an A in my AS, thank god! :smile:. The way I revised was to write essays until they were A graded, (Get it mark from your teacher). I just kept on revising from those essays and rewrote them many times without my notes. Dw :smile:
Original post by fantagurl
I'm starting psychology in September and I need help with how to revise for it because it looks really complicated. Any resources or notes would be amazing! Tips for how to answer questions and how to go about understanding the topic would be awesome too.

Don't worry too much - it's not as complicated as you think. For AS the exam will be mostly short answer questions and only a couple of longer essay type ones. Getting past papers is a good way of familiarising yourself of what will be needed of you in the exam.

Also, a good thing to do is get the exams boards specification - this will outline what you will need to know and if there have been any changes since last year. Having a specification will also help you make sure that you're not wasting any time revising things you don't need.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending