The Student Room Group

Media OR Film? What shall I do with Eng Lit as a Joint Hnrs?

Hi there, I need advice :confused: -

I'm just about to begin my 2nd year at college and I'm currently going through the "picking a uni and uni course" stage. I've always been interested in media and film, having studied it since year 9, so I know that this is definitely the route I want to take. After a careers appointment I decided that it would be best for me to do a Joint/Combined Honours, pairing English Literature with another subject. However, I am undecided at what the other subject will be. I'm either going to choose Film Studies, or Media and Communications. I'm drawn more to film as it's what I enjoy most, but I'm thinking about potential career prospects at the same time, in which media and comms may be more beneficial for the future.

I'm currently studying the IB diploma, where film studies is one of my HL subjects. I'm also doing Biology and English at HL, and Psychology, French and Maths at SL, so my options are pretty open. I'm predicted 36-38 points overall.

If anyone could offer any experiences or advice, about which course would be best, or any Universities that would be good for what I want to do, then it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending