The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_tom
I'm around

fair enough, it's been odd eithout you tbh.

Finished university around June. I've been working full time in logistics for around a month now, but hours of work are quite exhausting.

Sitting in one place for nine hours doing something with relatively little material output, surrounded by people I probably don't like whilst knowingly making someone in a bigger office more money is quite a dull lifestyle

but the money is pretty good

damn thast sounds rough.
are you looking for a career in something like that or are you just trying to make some money for now?
Finished university around June. I've been working full time in logistics for around a month now, but hours of work are quite exhausting.

Sitting in one place for nine hours doing something with relatively little material output, surrounded by people I probably don't like whilst knowingly making someone in a bigger office more money is quite a dull lifestyle

Fair play man. I know how you feel. You've probably read from misc thread but I'm trying to do recruitment consultancy, which is obviously going to be similar to you(good money). Although meritocratic promotions etc so I could find myself on 6 figures in a few years if I work hard enough.

Ain't had luck so far, good luck btw. I guess making Business is obviously a good way out but you need to have your wits and grit in that.
Original post by Lúcio
fair enough, it's been odd eithout you tbh.

damn thast sounds rough.
are you looking for a career in something like that or are you just trying to make some money for now?

Trust me, if you're looking to make good money, you either need to be a genius or sell your soul. University is useful to an extent.

I'm going to sell my soul if I'm being honest.
I hope John Henry gives Brendan the Suarez money to spend in January!

#YNWA
Reply 4743
Original post by Bubzeh
I hope John Henry gives Brendan the Suarez money to spend in January!

#YNWA

I hope your missus makes you pay child support come June!

#TURTLE
(edited 9 years ago)
Hahahahha rekt
:frown:
Interesting interview with Gerrard in Sportsmail today with Ian Ladyman. Basically admits that he'll continue playing on beyond this year, and it's over to us to offer him a contract.
Original post by Mackay
Interesting interview with Gerrard in Sportsmail today with Ian Ladyman. Basically admits that he'll continue playing on beyond this year, and it's over to us to offer him a contract.

i don't blame him tbh.
if he wants to continue playing but maybe doesn't have the ability to be a starter for the club, why shouldn't he take a step down to a lower level one and be nailed on to play every week?

obviously all that the papers will say is gerrard wants to leave liverpool...
Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid
Any news on Sturridge's injury progression?
We have Madrid and chelsea next week - could be brutal without him...

I've started my new job this week and you've described word for word how it has been :lol:

Original post by Lúcio
i don't blame him tbh.
if he wants to continue playing but maybe doesn't have the ability to be a starter for the club, why shouldn't he take a step down to a lower level one and be nailed on to play every week?

obviously all that the papers will say is gerrard wants to leave liverpool...

Why would he want to though? There is no chance of Gerrard turning out for another side, ever. The club probably haven't started negotiations because there is no need to. There is no risk of him suddenly turning around and saying he's off. We'd always offer Giggs an extention in like March.

I really think it's time for Brenton to stop playing him all game every game though. Don't think he has the balls to drop him.
Gerrard probably just saying that for the sake of it. Similar to a lampard situation. I'd take Gerrard if you don't want though he would be a great backup for Fabregas. Liverpool shouldn't get rid of him just yet, the experience is definitely felt when they go. Lets see if Emre Can stays fit and steps up to the bill.

I have high hopes for Can, when he's played he seems like he's got energy and strength in midfield. He will do well hopefully.
Original post by sr90
I've started my new job this week and you've described word for word how it has been :lol:

What is your occupation?

Also my job will soon come bro I'm getting closer I feel it.
Original post by jam277
Gerrard probably just saying that for the sake of it. Similar to a lampard situation. I'd take Gerrard if you don't want though he would be a great backup for Fabregas. Liverpool shouldn't get rid of him just yet, the experience is definitely felt when they go. Lets see if Emre Can stays fit and steps up to the bill.

I have high hopes for Can, when he's played he seems like he's got energy and strength in midfield. He will do well hopefully.

What is your occupation?

Also my job will soon come bro I'm getting closer I feel it.

Good stuff, you been having interviews?

It's for an insurance company, but as I haven't been trained yet I can only do the boring **** people can do in their sleep. Hopefully it'll get better.
Am I the only one around here who actually enjoys my job?
Original post by sr90
Good stuff, you been having interviews?

It's for an insurance company, but as I haven't been trained yet I can only do the boring **** people can do in their sleep. Hopefully it'll get better.

Yeah had one interview monday which didn't go well, I have another interview this monday, guy sounded very happy on the phone to talk to me, I got a good reception and had a good conversation with him.

Recruitment consultancy, I won't have been trained so will have to do the boring stuff, wonder when I get paid in all honesty. Since I can make double my basic salary if I worked like a dog I kinda just want to see when I get my first paycheck. :smile:
Original post by samir12

What do you work as?
Original post by jam277
Yeah had one interview monday which didn't go well, I have another interview this monday, guy sounded very happy on the phone to talk to me, I got a good reception and had a good conversation with him.

Recruitment consultancy, I won't have been trained so will have to do the boring stuff, wonder when I get paid in all honesty. Since I can make double my basic salary if I worked like a dog I kinda just want to see when I get my first paycheck. :smile:

What do you work as?

Structural engineer, just started the grad job couple of months ago.
Original post by samir12
Structural engineer, just started the grad job couple of months ago.

High 5 bro.

Btw, where do you think Liverpool will realistically finish, assuming no more major injury problems to key players for you lot and the rest?
Original post by jam277
High 5 bro.

Btw, where do you think Liverpool will realistically finish, assuming no more major injury problems to key players for you lot and the rest?

4th or 5th for me, Arsenal will get 3rd as they are flat track bullies with United and Liverpool battling it out for 4th place.
Even with an inform and fit Sturridge, our midfield has to step up. Coutinho has been providing that creative spark and he generally isn't consistent enough, Lallana has to impose himself more too. The problem is that our midfield last season was spoilt by Suarez, we lost that and now our midfield has to do more to make up for the loss so that is really where the challenge is.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samir12

nah.. I enjoy my job :biggrin:

Just wish it paid a bit more.. (its an ok wage for my first job after uni.. but not one I want to be on for any longer then I need to be.. already applying for positions at a pay level higher, and hopefully can get one secured sometime soon :smile: )
Original post by fallen_acorns
nah.. I enjoy my job :biggrin:

Just wish it paid a bit more.. (its an ok wage for my first job after uni.. but not one I want to be on for any longer then I need to be.. already applying for positions at a pay level higher, and hopefully can get one secured sometime soon :smile: )

What job is it?

Quick Reply

Latest