The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

I expect/want this line-up tomorrow:

Mignolet
Can Sakho Skrtel
Markovic Henderson Lucas A. Moreno
Coutinho Gerrard
Sterling

I'd expect Lallana to be the first substitute off the bench. He changed the tie during the first-leg.
Original post by Lúcio
i miss crazy legs :colone:
that guy won a champions league medal.
just think about that for a second...

as for sakho, if he can replicate anything near his international performances, he could be a rock in our defence that we can build around.

oh definitely; all 3 of those CBs on a bad day can make a terrible mistake.
i'm worried that higher quality teams will start to target Can because of his lack of experience at the back.
plus if we're ever playing markovic as wing back, that means our entire right side consists of players defending in an unnatural position.

surely sturridge won't be seen tomorrow?
even if he is "technically" fit, would you risk him?
you know what chelsea are like - dirty but in a clever way; i wouldn't trust them.

we go in to this game as the underdog.
the expectation is that chelsea will bounce back - they won't want to go out of cups consecutively at home because that would be embarrassing.
the expectation isn't on us; let's just give it a go and see what happens.

i'd stick exactly as we are and go at them like last time.
chelsea will definitely attack us more, but maybe that will free up space in their defence.
either way, it should be interesting.

With Can it's that lack of experience as a defender - which means he reacts a little slowly but also he's not got the fastest acceleration over the first 3 steps which doesn't help either. Markovic has done surprisingly well at RWB. Worked harder at RWB than a number of others we've tried.

Well I think he's been training for a bit so we'll either see him on the bench against Chelsea or West Ham? I'd be tempted to put him on the bench just to try and worry Chelsea a little? If we get to extra time, he might be perfect for the last 15 mins when everyone else is knackered?

Yea Chelsea will bounce back but equally I don't think we fear them as much after that result?

Realistically we know we need to score either way (whether they score or not) although Chelsea scoring doesn't really change that much for us other than it would end in 90 mins rather than 120 mins.

Michael Oliver I believe is the ref tomorrow rather than Martin Atkinson so maybe he won't be so Chelsea biased?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30991717

FA Cup: BBC to show Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool
Original post by Zerforax
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30991717

FA Cup: BBC to show Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool

Makes sense seeing as though they had United-Cambridge first time around.
FA Cup Fifth Round, if we beat Bolton:

Crystal Palace away.

Palace away if we beat Bolton.
Palace away. Yikes.
At least we'll have Sturridge.
Mmm Crystal Palace away if we get through. Not the easiest..
They are a defeat waiting to happen, really.
With Can it's that lack of experience as a defender - which means he reacts a little slowly but also he's not got the fastest acceleration over the first 3 steps which doesn't help either. Markovic has done surprisingly well at RWB. Worked harder at RWB than a number of others we've tried.

Well I think he's been training for a bit so we'll either see him on the bench against Chelsea or West Ham? I'd be tempted to put him on the bench just to try and worry Chelsea a little? If we get to extra time, he might be perfect for the last 15 mins when everyone else is knackered?

Yea Chelsea will bounce back but equally I don't think we fear them as much after that result?

Realistically we know we need to score either way (whether they score or not) although Chelsea scoring doesn't really change that much for us other than it would end in 90 mins rather than 120 mins.

Michael Oliver I believe is the ref tomorrow rather than Martin Atkinson so maybe he won't be so Chelsea biased?

markovic and can have definitely done better than we expected.
but it's only a matter of time before teams start exploiting our clear inexperience down that flank.

i'd bench him against chelsea and only use him in ET (like you said), then give him a decent amount in the west ham game.

we definitely have a much higher morale and less respect for chelsea after the first game where we really should've won.
i'm not expecting anything because another chelsea defeat would have alarm bells all over and mourinho really doesn't want that kind of attention.

i don't see the game going in to extra time.
we need to score and i don't see us holding chelsea for an entire game.
we just need to somehow have the defensive display of the season and actually put away the many chances we're bound to create.

the sad thing about referees nowadays is that if they aren't biased, they're totally incompetent instead.
it doesn't really matter who we get - i'm sure there will be a game changing decision made incorrectly regardless.

in other news, away at palace is one of the worst draws we could've gotten.
all we can hope is that (if we get through) by the time we face them, the honeymoon period for pardew will be over and hopefully with sturridge back we'll be in decent form.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

:ahee::ahee:
Original post by midnightice

FFS.

The chaos factor.
Good to see that Delph has signed a new contract

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/26/delph-aston-villa-teammates-shocked-new-deal

Means we won't (or shouldn't be) signing him :colondollar:
Should be an easy victory for Liverpool tonight. Chelsea's confidence will be very low. Should be a high scoring game, maybe 6-0 to Liverpool?
Original post by Nichrome
Should be an easy victory for Liverpool tonight. Chelsea's confidence will be very low. Should be a high scoring game, maybe 6-0 to Liverpool?

It's hard to score too many against so many parked buses and planes.

I'd be delighted if we get through to the final - whether we batter you or scrap through by scoring the 20th penalty in a shoot-out :colondollar:

I imagine Mourinho will send his team out to be fired up. If I was a betting man, I'd put some money on someone to get sent off.
It's hard to score too many against so many parked buses and planes.

I'd be delighted if we get through to the final - whether we batter you or scrap through by scoring the 20th penalty in a shoot-out :colondollar:

I imagine Mourinho will send his team out to be fired up. If I was a betting man, I'd put some money on someone to get sent off.

Chelsea are less likely to park the bus at home anyway, plus the bus didn't work too well at Anfield - basically Thibaut bailed out the rest of the team. With Chelsea's out of form defence, conceding 4+ should be on the cards, especially if Sturridge is back.
Original post by Nichrome
Chelsea are less likely to park the bus at home anyway, plus the bus didn't work too well at Anfield - basically Thibaut bailed out the rest of the team. With Chelsea's out of form defence, conceding 4+ should be on the cards, especially if Sturridge is back.

Sturridge may make the bench but probably not. If he does, he won't come on for more than 15-20 mins I think.

I imagine you'll push up more but I think Mourinho fancies a mistake in our Liverpool side so better to try to hit on the counter in transition rather than try to control the game high up the pitch and potentially get countered? Sterling/Coutinho could rip you apart if you play a high line.

I still fancy Mourinho to mastermind another strong cup tie performance from the team. Hazard and Costa alone can win the tie for you.

Quick Reply

Latest