The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

All pretty standard stuff, I expect Sturridge will be on the bench, making an appearance around 60 mins.
Sturridge needs to be managed really carefully, the last thing we need is him playing only a game or two and getting injured again. We have a really congested fixture list for the next month so he'll have plenty of chances to regain match fitness, he'll probably get 15/20 mins today. I honestly feel so sorry for him being plagued with loads of injuries so far in his career. If he can stay fit for a whole year everybody will be able to see how much of a WC striker he is.

Today's game v West Ham will be difficult considering how physical they are, our defenders will be really busy today. I wouldn't be surprised if we drew today and I expect the game to be a low scoring one. Having said that, if we perform like how we did v Chelsea over the two legs then there's no reason why we can't win. We just need to make sure the pace of the game is fast and direct as that will make it very difficult for West Ham to impose themselves. My only concern is will we be able to finish any of the chances we make, all our midfielders have to score more goals because we can't only rely on Sturridge/Sterling.
It won't be an easy game today, and I don't see many of our rivals dropping points too.
Spurs are the most likely candidates to be held by WBA and Pulis, but Arsenal and United have pretty straight forward games, and obviously a win would let us leapfrog West Ham.

I obviously wouldn't be happy with a draw either, but a loss today would be absolutely catastrophic.
Well it's a must-win if we want top four.

16 games, 35 points needed to reach 70, so that's 11-12 wins.
Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Lucas, Moreno, Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lambert, Sturridge, Allen, Borini, Ibe
Original post by mr tim
Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Sakho, Henderson, Lucas, Moreno, Markovic, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling

Subs: Ward, Johnson, Lambert, Sturridge, Allen, Borini, Ibe

i thought sakho would be out - great news that he's in the team!
sturridge on the bench is good; get him on somewhere around 60-70 minutes and see how he does.

overall, pretty much as expected (except sakho being in).

ibe on the bench is interesting too; would be nice to give him a run at some point.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sakho being back in makes me a lot more relieved. Choosing between Johnson and Lovren to replace him was akin to choosing which STD to have,

A lot of people on my Twitter TL kicking off about Gerrard being omitted.
Original post by Mackay
Sakho being back in makes me a lot more relieved. Choosing between Johnson and Lovren to replace him was akin to choosing which STD to have,

A lot of people on my Twitter TL kicking off about Gerrard being omitted.

prsom literally just for that first bit:rofl:

obviously those people don't understand the fixture list we have coming up.
This is gonna be a good game.
Mariner is already being a ****
really hating this referee so far.
and the commentators on my stream are painfully biased towards west ham...
Typical Sunday league level shooting.
markovic, are you serious.
how do you put it wide from there?
Oof, so close from Markovic.
Encouraging that he got into the position in the first place. He's had a great half
We've been good, Mignolet magnificent in his punching.

Coutinho as usual can't score from that acute angle, Markovic misses a sitter, Henderson leans back and scuffs a presentable opportunity.

All recurring themes of their Liverpool careers.

Stage is set for Sturridge.
honestly did not even realise you were playing until the scores popped up at half time..
Original post by KFC Buffet
We've been good, Mignolet magnificent in his punching.

Coutinho as usual can't score from that acute angle, Markovic misses a sitter, Henderson leans back and scuffs a presentable opportunity.

All recurring themes of their Liverpool careers.

Stage is set for Sturridge.

Agree.
We haven't had THAT many chances, but you never will do against a team like West Ham, having an excellent season.
As usual though, we have been infuriatingly wasteful.

Sturridge please.
He might not do much in his first game back, but he'll definitely give us a morale boost.
Sterling!!!
RAZZAA!!

Quick Reply

Latest