The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi, im a 1st year at Exeter and thought i'd put together a short 'real' insight into the various accommodation. I know how worrying it can be to choose a place.

Anyway...

I was originally placed in Kingdom Mews by St Davids, but I wanted to be on campus for my 1st year so i phoned up and asked to move. The only place available was at Lafrowda. I took up the offer anyway, and it's the best move i could have done.

I'm in enhanced Lafrowda, which, for the money, is arguably the best accommodation you can get. It's the 2nd cheapest at the university, yet is better than ANY of the catered halls. I must stress though, that Lafrowda is only good is you get the enhanced flats block N,P,Q & R). The older flats (blocks A,B,C & D) are really bad.

I know a few people at Kingdom Mews who said that it's really nice there - modern rooms etc, but it's a bit of a trek to lectures. Although they run a free bus.

I would strongly advise against catered halls, unless you really are crap in the kitchen. Rooms in Duryard are sh*t, to put it bluntly. Mardon and Lopes are marginally better.

Don't bother applying to Rowe House or Clydesdale. What they don't tell you is that they are reserved for 2nd and 3rd yrs ONLY - i've managed to get a place in Rowe next yr :biggrin:

James Owen is a nice place, probably better rooms than lafrowda enhanced, but again, it's a trek to get to uni. About a 20 minute walk.

All in all, in so glad i moved to Lafrowda, and really thankful that im in enhanced! Ideal location - Lemmy (bar, club and food) is about 200m away. Business school is just passed the Lemmy, so extremely useful if you are going to be studying there.

If you want to see any photo's of our flat, and other random drunkeness, check here:

http://groups.msn.com/LFR3
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
if you say so....ive not met anyone in catered halls who wishes they went self catering??

and to say that your still living in uni accomodation next year?? wheres your sence of adventure?

and Cloisters in better than lofrawda enhanced...and were the getto of st lukes!

love Katy ***
Reply 22
rich10210
Hi, im a 1st year at Exeter and thought i'd put together a short 'real' insight into the various accommodation. I know how worrying it can be to choose a place.

Anyway...

I was originally placed in Kingdom Mews by St Davids, but I wanted to be on campus for my 1st year so i phoned up and asked to move. The only place available was at Lafrowda. I took up the offer anyway, and it's the best move i could have done.

I'm in enhanced Lafrowda, which, for the money, is arguably the best accommodation you can get. It's the 2nd cheapest at the university, yet is better than ANY of the catered halls. I must stress though, that Lafrowda is only good is you get the enhanced flats block N,P,Q & R). The older flats (blocks A,B,C & D) are really bad.

I know a few people at Kingdom Mews who said that it's really nice there - modern rooms etc, but it's a bit of a trek to lectures. Although they run a free bus.

I would strongly advise against catered halls, unless you really are crap in the kitchen. Rooms in Duryard are sh*t, to put it bluntly. Mardon and Lopes are marginally better.

Don't bother applying to Rowe House or Clydesdale. What they don't tell you is that they are reserved for 2nd and 3rd yrs ONLY - i've managed to get a place in Rowe next yr :biggrin:

James Owen is a nice place, probably better rooms than lafrowda enhanced, but again, it's a trek to get to uni. About a 20 minute walk.

All in all, in so glad i moved to Lafrowda, and really thankful that im in enhanced! Ideal location - Lemmy (bar, club and food) is about 200m away. Business school is just passed the Lemmy, so extremely useful if you are going to be studying there.

If you want to see any photo's of our flat, and other random drunkeness, check here:

http://groups.msn.com/LFR3

Ouch, bit hard on the old dirty yard there! I had a great time and the rooms arn't that bad!

btw. This is wierd, i was interested to see what lafrowda enhanced looks like, so looked at the site.

don't know her name but one of those girls is an engineer i think :confused:
also, pheobe, I know her-went to my school! She mentioned a girl doing engineering in her flat.
Ollie
Ouch, bit hard on the old dirty yard there! I had a great time and the rooms arn't that bad!

btw. This is wierd, i was interested to see what lafrowda enhanced looks like, so looked at the site.

don't know her name but one of those girls is an engineer i think :confused:
also, pheobe, I know her-went to my school! She mentioned a girl doing engineering in her flat.

omg you know my pheobe???

bless, this world is getting smaller! ive been in your flat!!

love Katy ***
Reply 24
ickle_katy
omg you know my pheobe???

bless, this world is getting smaller! ive been in your flat!!

love Katy ***

my pheobe?

I went to school with the pheobe in those pictures.
Reply 25
ickle_katy

and to say that your still living in uni accomodation next year?? wheres your sence of adventure?

love Katy ***

Rowe house is well nice - double bed, en-suite, no extra bills to pay for, and it's in an ideal location for me. Most of the people i know are who are living in a house next year are paying less for rent but doesn't include electricity, gas etc. Staying on campus seemed the best option.

The girl who does engineering is Jenn, probably features in a majority of photo's.

Phebe is from the Reading area if that helps....

May have been a little harsh on Duryard, but from the rooms i have seen, i stand by my statement!
Reply 26
rich10210
Rowe house is well nice - double bed, en-suite, no extra bills to pay for, and it's in an ideal location for me. Most of the people i know are who are living in a house next year are paying less for rent but doesn't include electricity, gas etc. Staying on campus seemed the best option.

The girl who does engineering is Jenn, probably features in a majority of photo's.

Phebe is from the Reading area if that helps....

May have been a little harsh on Duryard, but from the rooms i have seen, i stand by my statement!

There you go, I do engineering, but I don't know her personally. However it's hard not to know what the girls look like as there are so few.

Yep, I went to school with Pheobe.

I reckon Duryard has the best social on campus! The rooms are liveable, few posters and you're fine :smile:
jenn does engineering with the other two jennys who live in my corridor...so i have met her once or twice (normally in the toilets to warehouse)

and pheobe does maths with me....and we took next years newbies to your flat to show them what theyre like and there was sick all down the window!!! not what id call nice!!

love Katy ***
Reply 28
ickle_katy
jenn does engineering with the other two jennys who live in my corridor...so i have met her once or twice (normally in the toilets to warehouse)

and pheobe does maths with me....and we took next years newbies to your flat to show them what theyre like and there was sick all down the window!!! not what id call nice!!

love Katy ***

those 3 are all called jen?!

yep, thats pheobe.
Ollie
those 3 are all called jen?!

yep, thats pheobe.

yes they are all called jen...and they all do engineering!!

and the two blondes live in south cloisters!

love Katy ***
Reply 30
ickle_katy
yes they are all called jen...and they all do engineering!!

and the two blondes live in south cloisters!

love Katy ***

i thought one of them was called jen (they talk alot! and my friends in their tutor group), but i didn't realise they were all called jen!
Airport Fairy
Haha well I go to college in Hampshire, darling! Where did you go to school?

I go to college in Hampshire too, but not Alton College; I go to QMC which isn't far away. I'm also going to Exeter this year hopefully, but obviously it's not definite yet cos I still have to meet the offer of AAB for law, but that should be ok.
Reply 32
jumahumour
I go to college in Hampshire too, but not Alton College; I go to QMC which isn't far away. I'm also going to Exeter this year hopefully, but obviously it's not definite yet cos I still have to meet the offer of AAB for law, but that should be ok.

See you here :smile:

My friend does law, he really likes it. its the 2nd time he's tried a law degree, he didn't like essex.
Has anyone heard of someone getting a lower offer than AAB for law at Exeter? Cos I spoke to someone who has got an offer of BBB, its really weird cos their standard offer is AAB. Some people have even got offers of AAA. I don't understand how they can do that for the same course for entry on the same year.
Ollie
See you here :smile:

My friend does law, he really likes it. its the 2nd time he's tried a law degree, he didn't like essex.

Yeah, the law course sounds really good - hopefully I'll get in and I'll enjoy it!
Reply 35
jumahumour
Has anyone heard of someone getting a lower offer than AAB for law at Exeter? Cos I spoke to someone who has got an offer of BBB, its really weird cos their standard offer is AAB. Some people have even got offers of AAA. I don't understand how they can do that for the same course for entry on the same year.

my girlfriend got an offer of abb for biology at ex when some people got bbc.

its just the uni trying to get clever people! look on the bright side, it might mean that they would be prepared to take bbb if you didn't make aab. they usually will, i didn't get the grades, and neither did my ex girlfriend but we're still here!

Latest

Trending

Trending