The Student Room Group

Ladies: Would you appreciate this or find it creepy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by randomguy786
Ha, well big risk = big reward I guess :wink:

Yep, especially if shes packing large boobs and a 100-squats-a-day booty.
This is the sort of thing I'd do if I saw a woman who looked like they needed a bit of cheering up or a confidence boost. I wouldn't do it for any personal gain or because I wanted them to be my girlfriend really.

inb4 someone calls me a 'white knight'
This has actually happened to me *cringe*. It seemed really rehearsed and it just made me feel awkward tbh. I also had a boyfriend at the time, but even if I didn't I doubt I would have felt differently. It was flattering but I did get the impression that particular guy had already used the same line on about 5 other girls before me!
Original post by Omega3!
Yep, especially if shes packing large boobs and a 100-squats-a-day booty.

Fuaaaaark :lolwut:

Need to give this a shot when uni starts again haha. I guess there will be a few rejections, but if I find someone special it'll be worth it!
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
This has actually happened to me *cringe*. It seemed really rehearsed and it just made me feel awkward tbh. I also had a boyfriend at the time, but even if I didn't I doubt I would have felt differently. It was flattering but I did get the impression that particular guy had already used the same line on about 5 other girls before me!

Was the guy ugly?
I would be flattered but more creeped out than anything.
What do you mean "why would you say this?". Because you find her attractive and want to get to know her more.

Why can't you say she is attractive instead of beautiful? 'Beautiful' is too intimate, you can get the same compliment across with less of a risk of coming across creepy or too forward with the word 'attractive'.
Was the guy ugly?

I can't really remember, it was about 5 years ago. He wasn't repulsive, seemed a bit 'chavvy' to me at the time.
It's sweet, especially if the girl thinks you're being genuine.
But honestly most girls would hear that and assume you expect them to sleep with you at some point and avoid you like the plague...depending on the girl ofc :')
Original post by S-e-Jones
Why can't you say she is attractive instead of beautiful? 'Beautiful' is too intimate, you can get the same compliment across with less of a risk of coming across creepy or too forward with the word 'attractive'.

Well it was just an example and not set in stone haha. I guess "beautiful" works better in clubs where it's more intimate?
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88

that's because us men have to take 100's of rejections before finding the one. All a girl has to do is go upto one guy and he's hers.
Well it was just an example and not set in stone haha. I guess "beautiful" works better in clubs where it's more intimate?

Yeah, but it's the details that count, haha. No 'beautiful' doesn't work better in clubs. Club environments are too carnal and salacious, 'beautiful' just comes across creepy in that forum, especially considering how predatory a lot of men can come across/are in those types of settings. It just looks like you have ulterior motive, creepy motive. Also, it is a bit intrusive with its forwardness. Save beautiful for intimate moments when you actually know the person. Opening lines should be controlled, so stay with distant, less emotionally engaging words like 'attractive'.

Though, your best bet would be to abandon all of this sappy, risky and cringe-y **** and go for funny.
Leave out the word "beautiful", and you're set.
Reply 33
If a guy was to walk up to you and say something like, "Hey, I thought you were really beautiful and wanted to say hi", would you find it creepy? Would they have a chance with you?

yes it is creepy, if you want to say hi then you just go and say hi and make conversation, not say that lol.
Original post by Flyingaround
I have a girl next door, i hear her cough all the time, i thought about meeting her for the first time and giving her cough sweets. someone thought that be creepy lol.

to be honest if someone did this for me I would find it hilarious and really cute... :wink:
i'd appreciate it , and i'd be willing to talk to them etc , but i'd also be clear i have a boyfriend because the problem with that kind of approach is that it sounds like they're after you sexually

so yeah , i'd make it clear i'm not interested like that
If a guy was to walk up to you and say something like, "Hey, I thought you were really beautiful and wanted to say hi", would you find it creepy? Would they have a chance with you?

Depends how good looking the guy is lol...If he ain't then I would just laugh in his face! :biggrin:
Original post by blueskyblue
This

Guys , we have it from a woman , its confirmation.

1 woman out of about 3.5 billion yes.
Original post by Another
Leave out the word "beautiful", and you're set.

What word would you suggest instead then?
Original post by hotliketea
i'd appreciate it , and i'd be willing to talk to them etc , but i'd also be clear i have a boyfriend because the problem with that kind of approach is that it sounds like they're after you sexually

so yeah , i'd make it clear i'm not interested like that

Aw, that's a shame. Is there anything he could possibly do to change your mind? What if he was incredibly attractive and your personalities instantly clicked?

Quick Reply

Latest