The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Congrats- you're lucky- I don't even have a favourite firm!! I'm not in a position to be picky!!
Congrats dimebag ... if people would be kind enough to divulge which firm, or failing that which area of practice and where in the country they are practicing that would be nice, as I hate being kept on tentahooks (if thats how you write that word!!). Good luck everyone.
Reply 3
Cheers!

Hope it goes well for you, hang in there!
Reply 4
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Congrats dimebag ... if people would be kind enough to divulge which firm, or failing that which area of practice and where in the country they are practicing that would be nice, as I hate being kept on tentahooks (if thats how you write that word!!). Good luck everyone.

:ditto:
Reply 5
Lewis-HuStuJCR

Sure......

Birmingham. Chuffed to bits!
Congratulations :biggrin:, really good firm!
Reply 7
Congrats, did you do a law degree? If so, where? If not, what did you do?
Reply 8
I've been accepted by Norton Rose, even though I only went to their assessment day yesterday. On the other hand, I haven't heard from my first choice firm- the MC firm that I spent my vac scheme in. I don't know if the latter is good or bad.
Reply 9
kirstinx
Congrats, did you do a law degree? If so, where? If not, what did you do?

Yup, doing law at UWE. Before that I left a computer science course at Exeter in the second year.

Good work Kait too!
I was told at the assessment centre I went to on Tuesday that they wouldn't be making any offers until Monday, but I've just heard that someone else had one from that firm today. So I suppose that means I'm not getting one. :frown: I'm a bit annoyed they didn't stick to what they said, though, as I wasn't at all prepared to hear that tonight and am now a bit annoyed as well as upset. :mad: Never mind, I'm going to keep positive - I got down to the last 40 from over 1500 people, so I must be doing something right... just not everything yet!
Reply 11
Dimebag
Sure......

Wragge & Co. in Birmingham. Chuffed to bits!

Have a big soft spot for them, well done:smile: Look out for any suspect WarwicK graduates they might employ tho hehe:wink::smile:
Reply 12
Got offer today, DLA Piper, glad its all done. Good to know grades aint everything they look at as well. From what ive seen its all about how you get on with people.
Reply 13
Shef2004
Got offer today, DLA Piper, glad its all done. Good to know grades aint everything they look at as well. From what ive seen its all about how you get on with people.

Whereabouts if you dont mind me asking?:smile:
Well done to Kait with Norton Rose aswell, hope you hear from ur MC firm soon, it could be that you didn't hear because a letter is in the post or they want to tell those whom they rejected first!

God work on DLA aswell, I assume thats in London but they do have 8 offices...
Reply 15
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Well done to Kait with Norton Rose aswell, hope you hear from ur MC firm soon, it could be that you didn't hear because a letter is in the post or they want to tell those whom they rejected first!

God work on DLA aswell, I assume thats in London but they do have 8 offices...

Yeah..I know DLA people in Leeds, Brum and Manchester who work for DLA so am curious!
Reply 16
dragon_1706
I was told at the assessment centre I went to on Tuesday that they wouldn't be making any offers until Monday, but I've just heard that someone else had one from that firm today. So I suppose that means I'm not getting one. :frown: I'm a bit annoyed they didn't stick to what they said, though, as I wasn't at all prepared to hear that tonight and am now a bit annoyed as well as upset. :mad: Never mind, I'm going to keep positive - I got down to the last 40 from over 1500 people, so I must be doing something right... just not everything yet!

I know exactly how you feel! I had an assessment day in August and the firm went to great lengths to tell us that no one would hear until 1st sept....then 2 people I know were called and told they would be offered tcs...so the rest of us knew that meant we were rejects!! Why do they have to lie?!? :confused:
tiger306
I know exactly how you feel! I had an assessment day in August and the firm went to great lengths to tell us that no one would hear until 1st sept....then 2 people I know were called and told they would be offered tcs...so the rest of us knew that meant we were rejects!! Why do they have to lie?!? :confused:

I know! I was all set for a nice relaxing weekend before psyching myself up for the news on Monday, but now all I can think about is that I obviously won't be getting an offer. They told us that everyone would get a phone call on Monday, whatever the result, but that was probably a lie as well! :mad:
Did you never think that its not totally conclusive and that maybew they just made offers to those people because they definately want them, and the rest of you they are still choosing between?
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Did you never think that its not totally conclusive and that maybew they just made offers to those people because they definately want them, and the rest of you they are still choosing between?

I know that's possible in theory, but they told us several times that the assessors would all be sitting down to make a decision on Thursday. Since they work in 5 different offices, it would seem surprising for them not to reach a definite decision there and then. I suppose there's still the possibility of the reserve list as well! :smile:

Latest