The Student Room Group

Resitting my AS year ~ please help

I recieved my AS results on thursday and they were just awful! Totally unexpected I thought I would do much better. My school said I have 3 options.

1. Carry onto A2 and retake some AS modules
2. Retake year 12 but with a totally different combination of subjects (not an option for me, I'm set on what I want to do)
3. Find another college that will let me do my AS year again.

1 is also not an option as it would be too much work, it would mean taking 18 exams in June next year

So I'm left with option 3, I'm looking at all the different schools and their websites and they're all saying the deadline for applications was the 1st quarter of 2014. Does anyone have any advice? Never did I think i'd be in this situation after I took my exams. My GCSE results were really good 2 A*s, 3 As 4Bs and a C so i'm thinking go to the school on results day and present them with my results?
Reply 1
I mean go to the different schools and present them with my GCSE results and just mabye they'll still have space?
Reply 2
What did you get?? They can't of been as bad as mine :'(
I will give you the advice my sister gave me.

Your first option: repeating all 18 exams?? This may not be as bad as it sounds . surely that's better than repeating year 12. If you repeat year 12, doesn't that limit your choices in the long run?? think about it. If you really get your head down starting from September you can actually do it. My sister did it and she came out with good grades.Treat each unit as a subject and revise at least 2-3 hours a day.
Option 2: repeating year 12 with different subjects may be a good idea because you may do better as you will be doing subjects you enjoy. However what if you do crap and you end up in the same position again??
Option 3: resitting the year. I completely don't want to waste another year in sixth form I just want to leave. Don't you want to do the same?? Yes you will know the subjects better because you have done it before so it will be easier this time around. But is it really worth sacrificing another year?? But anyway, just calk up the colleges and explain your situation and see if there is a place available for you to resit the year. It doesn't matter about the deadline sometimes there will be still places available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending