The Student Room Group

Nothing i can do...

First a bit of history: I've known this girl since year 11 (just finished year 13), she spent a lot of time flirting with me throughout that year although i had a girlfriend, after year 11 she moved abroad for a year and i felt like i missed an opportunity as i realised i really liked her. (broke up with said gf during that year)
Then good news she was moving back to the uk to a nearby town so i started seeing her again however she then left to a private boarding school the other side of the country so again we stopped really talking.
Then this summer she has been down for like two weeks and we've got really close, however now she's going on holiday and then straight back to boarding school so basically i will not see her until March next year and i cant help but feeling like we're missing out on something good? We both knew we wouldnt be seeing each other so i thought i'd be okay when she left again but.. yeah.
Also theres the fact ill be off to uni and feel like this might affect me when i'm there but there's nothing i can do about it...
Not really a question but just felt like putting this on here as there's noone i can really talk to about it :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
First a bit of history: I've known this girl since year 11 (just finished year 13), she spent a lot of time flirting with me throughout that year although i had a girlfriend, after year 11 she moved abroad for a year and i felt like i missed an opportunity as i realised i really liked her. (broke up with said gf during that year)
Then good news she was moving back to the uk to a nearby town so i started seeing her again however she then left to a private boarding school the other side of the country so again we stopped really talking.
Then this summer she has been down for like two weeks and we've got really close, however now she's going on holiday and then straight back to boarding school so basically i will not see her until March next year and i cant help but feeling like we're missing out on something good? We both knew we wouldnt be seeing each other so i thought i'd be okay when she left again but.. yeah.
Also theres the fact ill be off to uni and feel like this might affect me when i'm there but there's nothing i can do about it...
Not really a question but just felt like putting this on here as there's noone i can really talk to about it :frown:

It is really hard when you find yourself developing feelings for someone when you know there is going to be a distance if you were to pursue things. I suppose the question is could you handle a year or so of long distance if it came to it. If you think that you could maybe have a chat with her about things and just see how things go? If you think that it is going to be too much you could just hang out during the summer and see how things go but not see it as a long term thing.

Either way it might be worth talking to her and see how she feels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending