The Student Room Group

Do I take 4 subjects at A2?

I'm currently taking maths psychology economics and biology.
at AS I got 4 A's-
285/300 UMS in biology, 284/300 UMS in maths, 181/200 UMS in psychology and 180/200 UMS in economics.
at uni I want to study biology. I'm unsure whether to drop economics or carry on doing all 4.
id only really take economics because it would look good to do 4 subjects. Economics isn't relevant to biology though, so I don't know if there's a point in it, on the other hand should I throw away a subject I got 90% in?
im not that interested in economics and my friends dropped it so I'd be pretty miserable in the lesson. Is there any point in doing it and will it help me get Into a top russell group uni? I know that I could get an A/A* in it, I just dunno if it's with the effort.
Original post by ali_blue
at AS I got 4 A's-
285/300 UMS in biology, 284/300 UMS in maths, 181/200 UMS in psychology and 180/200 UMS in economics.
at uni I want to study biology. I'm unsure whether to drop economics or carry on doing all 4.
id only really take economics because it would look good to do 4 subjects. Economics isn't relevant to biology though, so I don't know if there's a point in it, on the other hand should I throw away a subject I got 90% in?
im not that interested in economics and my friends dropped it so I'd be pretty miserable in the lesson. Is there any point in doing it and will it help me get Into a top russell group uni? I know that I could get an A/A* in it, I just dunno if it's with the effort.

depends if you wanna go to top unis which i assume you do
Reply 2
Original post by ali_blue
at AS I got 4 A's-

I'm in the same boat with:
Maths (297/300)
Physics (273/300)
Computing (198/200)
History (196/200)

I wanna do Computer Science at uni, so is it worth me dropping history even though I got 98% at AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest