The Student Room Group

Portfolio critique? :) - fine art

Hey guys feeling very nervous after seeing how well everyone did with their uni's and a levels. I'll be applying to Uni this year and I can't wait. I'm feeling nervous as I got DDD this year in my BTEC in art, but I got an E in English. However it was 5 points of a D and I feel it was unfair as everyone in my class got bad marks, so we are getting them remarked.

Anway!! I've always wanted to be an artist and I'm nervous about having a uni judge me. I will be applying for Oxford (in October) Slade (I need a C in a AS and I'm worried they will dismiss me as I got an E) Goldsmiths, Chelsea and Camberwell.
Can you critique my portfolio, it still needs a lot of work and I'm still making things to go in there and replace.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sommerackerman/ - this is the link - try and read the descriptions as some of it has meanings.

I will also be sending in a portfolio of my photography (you can see it all here www.shadoisk.deviantart.com/gallery)
and several personal books of mine which are very thick and filled with loads of art.
I'm just nervous and need some opinions

Thanks for the help :biggrin:
Original post by Notwinter
Hey guys feeling very nervous after seeing how well everyone did with their uni's and a levels. I'll be applying to Uni this year and I can't wait. I'm feeling nervous as I got DDD this year in my BTEC in art, but I got an E in English. However it was 5 points of a D and I feel it was unfair as everyone in my class got bad marks, so we are getting them remarked.

Anway!! I've always wanted to be an artist and I'm nervous about having a uni judge me. I will be applying for Oxford (in October) Slade (I need a C in a AS and I'm worried they will dismiss me as I got an E) Goldsmiths, Chelsea and Camberwell.
Can you critique my portfolio, it still needs a lot of work and I'm still making things to go in there and replace.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sommerackerman/ - this is the link - try and read the descriptions as some of it has meanings.

I will also be sending in a portfolio of my photography (you can see it all here www.shadoisk.deviantart.com/gallery)
and several personal books of mine which are very thick and filled with loads of art.
I'm just nervous and need some opinions

Thanks for the help :biggrin:

I'm only in year 12 so I don't have that much advice, but what I can say is add in some more observational drawings to show you have technical skills but prefer another style.

Also, add in more of whatever art style you want to go into - if it's photography, make sure you have a lot. If it's Fine Art, add in more observational etc.

Good luck! My portfolio is so empty... I really really need to bulk it up!

Quick Reply

Latest