The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Hey fellow students! :biggrin:
This thread is for students who are going to apply for entry into Medicine specifically at Cambridge.
We can discuss colleges, admission tests and generally just about Cambridge life for medical students.
Post your GCSEs and AS results or equivalent and anything else that you would like to share that would benefit your application.

Good luck to all those who are applying!

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

These applicants threads get more specific every day...
Reply 2
Original post by PythianLegume
These applicants threads get more specific every day...

Lol on the 2014 thread we decided to make the 2015 one. :smile:
All bow down to the Cambridge medical student. Hopefully when I'm older I will also study medicine at Cambridge and look down on all the inferior peasants below me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by SuperiorGenius
All bow down to the Cambridge medical student. Hopefully when I'm older I will also study medicine at Cambridge and look down on all the inferior peasants below me.

What? :confused: No one should be superior.
Original post by a123a
What? :confused: No one should be superior.

Cambridge students, Oxford students and Harvard students are superior to other people attending worthless universities. You don't belong in Cambridge if you don't agree with me.
Reply 6
Hi, I'm probably applying to Trinity also as it looks amazing!

There will be quite a lot of better graded people out there but meh for the hell of it, here is my profile!

Profile:

Spoiler

Haven't yet figured out my percentage but i'm not a re-applicant, I just didn't apply last year and now I have my results ready to apply this coming cycle!
Also I work as an HCA in theatres and a phlebotomist and i'm doing camp america next year and i have around 4 weeks work experience in total (Not including the work I do).

Good luck to all the medical applicants!
Reply 7
Original post by The_Top_Hat

There will be quite a lot of better graded people out there but meh for the hell of it, here is my profile!

Profile:

Spoiler

Haven't yet figured out my percentage but i'm not a re-applicant, I just didn't apply last year and now I have my results ready to apply this coming cycle!
Also I work as an HCA in theatres and a phlebotomist and i'm doing camp america next year and i have around 4 weeks work experience in total (Not including the work I do).

Going by your stats here you have a very good chance imo. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by a123a
Going by your stats here you have a very good chance imo. :biggrin:

Well I hope I have some chance to say the least! Your academics also look highly competitive so looks like you stand a high chance, just BMAT (and more more more work experience) to go eh?
Reply 9
I have waiting to see this thread for ages and finally there it is!
Profile:

Spoiler

I have put down Downing College as my choice!

Anyone applying for Downing as well?
(edited 9 years ago)
College: Selwyn
GCSE: 8A*, 4A
AS: AAAA in Maths, Chemistry, Biology, French

Spoiler

Also I'm interested to know what type of school everyone has come from, like private, grammar, state etc. I wouldn't say my school's great but if you're all from state schools as well then I am screwed
Original post by TotalerReinfall
Also I'm interested to know what type of school everyone has come from, like private, grammar, state etc. I wouldn't say my school's great but if you're all from state schools as well then I am screwed

I'm state. But remember that most universities look at your grades relative to your other school mates!
Original post by The_Top_Hat

Profile:

Spoiler

I'm a reapplicant too xD

Wow a phlebotomist?! That's so cool! You must be great with veins :wink:

I was poked 6 times when I had to do a blood test last week :yep: :lol:

EDIT: Sorry didn't read the post correctly, meant to say that we are both post-A applicants

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Yey it's been made!

Grades:
iGCSE: 9A* 1A
AS: 4A
Biology 284/300 (getting a photocopy of my coursework as that's where I lost all those marks)
Chemistry 300/300
Economics 200/200
Maths 485/500 (doing further maths AS across both years which is why I did 5 modules this year. So next year I'll have 4 A2 and 5 AS grades)
SUMS average is 97, average across all 4 is 98 if I've calculated correctly.
Not dropping anything at A2 - currently predicted A*A*A*A but should go up to 4A* as I got full UMS in econ.
Doing an EPQ on gene doping in sport.

Work experience and volunteering (what I'm putting in my PS):
2 weeks shadowing in paeds department of a hospital
2 weeks shadowing a doctor in India
3 days at a GP
Weekly volunteering at a centre for disabled children
1 week volunteering at a psychogeriatric home

In terms of colleges I've narrowed it down to 4: Christ's, Clare, Caius and Magdalene
I'm leaning towards Christ's atm but would like any opinions!! :smile:
Original post by TotalerReinfall

I go to a grammar school in NI :smile: So if you think you are screwed then probably me too

Posted from TSR Mobile
College: St John's
GCSEs: 9A*s 3As
AS level: 4As

Average: Biology 89% (remarking as I lost all my marks know unit 1)
Chemistry 88% (remarking as I lost all my marks on unit 2 this time lol)
Maths 99%
...So it's around 92%

Oh and I go to a grammar school.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SuperiorGenius
Cambridge students, Oxford students and Harvard students are superior to other people attending worthless universities. You don't belong in Cambridge if you don't agree with me.

After seeing you posted that you got 899 at the UKCAT and 3E's at A-level I can't believe in you anymore...

That being said, I do like your style of trolling:ahee: Sarcasm is the best joke sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Ultimate Thread is finally here :1

Spoiler

Original post by medapplicant#888
The Ultimate Thread is finally here :1

Spoiler

I lost all my marks in biology coursework as well! I got 44/60 but full UMS for the exams! Do you do Edexcel? I've asked for a photocopy of it to see where I lost marks and may ask for a remark afterwards.

Quick Reply