The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Seeing everyone's almost 100% UMS's has terrified me! How are people choosing which college to apply to? Which 3 other medical schools are you planning to also apply to? Thank you!!

Spoiler

Original post by sanjana96
Seeing everyone's almost 100% UMS's has terrified me! How are people choosing which college to apply to? Which 3 other medical schools are you planning to also apply to? Thank you!!

Spoiler

I'm going to be a cambridge medicine fresher this october. I had 93% UMS average at your point in time, so don't worry.
Why the hell do thry not reply to emails?!
Hi guys, I would just like to ask the age old annoying question. AM I GOOD ENOUGH??

I got 6A*s 4A's 1B at GCSE ( think I could've done better :frown: )

As results and average ums:
Maths - A - 95ums
Biology - A - 93ums
Chemistry - A - 88ums
Philosophy - A- 84ums (hoping they don't ask about this ums haha).

Good reference and I have work experience at 2 hospitals a GP's, a hospice and a nursing home. Really want to go to oxbridge but I feel my ums is too low for cambridge and my GCSE's are too low for Oxford

Relevant 3 subjects - 92 ums
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Louisk1997
Hi guys, I would just like to ask the age old annoying question. AM I GOOD ENOUGH??

I got 6A*s 4A's 1B at GCSE ( think I could've done better :frown: )

As results and average ums:
Maths - A - 95ums
Biology - A - 93ums
Chemistry - A - 88ums
Philosophy - A- 84ums (hoping they don't ask about this ums haha).

Good reference and I have work experience at 2 hospitals a GP's, a hospice and a nursing home. Really want to go to oxbridge but I feel my ums is too low for cambridge and my GCSE's are too low for Oxford

Relevant 3 subjects - 92 ums

If you like the course then by all means go for it :smile:. IMO you have a slightly better chance at Cambridge than Oxford. Your UMS might be a bit on the lower side but still within the range of getting an offer provided that you do well in the BMAT and the interview. Philosophy is irrelevant :tongue:
Another annoying am I good enough question here:

GCSE: 7A*,2A,1B (A bit disappointing)

AS UMS:
Bio: 93.3
Chem:92.6
Phy:88.6
Maths/Further (I just did an average of my 7 modules):97.7
Average of 3 most relevant subject:94.6

Plenty of work experience, volunteering and bit of shadowing
Just wanna know how my grades fare against entry requirement for Medicine at Cambridge for an international student?
My profile:

Spoiler

Averages and stuff:

Spoiler

Perhaps my averages are little on the low side for Medicine but I know all I can do is do well in interview and BMAT :smile:
Original post by aprocrastinator
My profile:

Spoiler

Averages and stuff:

Spoiler

Perhaps my averages are little on the low side for Medicine but I know all I can do is do well in interview and BMAT :smile:

Isn't SUMS the same as the three most relevant science though?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RainbowVeins
Isn't SUMS the same as the three most relevant science though?:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it's all your sciences so it could be the same, but I took physics as well!
no it's all your sciences so it could be the same, but I took physics as well!

This is what's been said by the Christ's admission tutor on here though, it does seem to suggest that SUMS= 3 most relevant...

I will be screwed if it actually includes physics haha :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Any grads here?
This is what's been said by the Christ's admission tutor on here though, it does seem to suggest that SUMS= 3 most relevant...

I will be screwed if it actually includes physics haha :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

OH. Hmm. But I thought they took an average of all your sciences as well?

I hate my all sciences average it looks kinda crap :redface: so i prefer the 3 most relevant as they're my 3 best too :biggrin:
OH. Hmm. But I thought they took an average of all your sciences as well?

I hate my all sciences average it looks kinda crap :redface: so i prefer the 3 most relevant as they're my 3 best too :biggrin:

Yeah they do.:redface: But I always thought SUMS might be more important since it's the one used for autopooling in other subjects.

Same here...not sure if this is a good thing or not :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed
Another annoying am I good enough question here:

GCSE: 7A*,2A,1B (A bit disappointing)

AS UMS:
Bio: 93.3
Chem:92.6
Phy:88.6
Maths/Further (I just did an average of my 7 modules):97.7
Average of 3 most relevant subject:94.6

Plenty of work experience, volunteering and bit of shadowing
Just wanna know how my grades fare against entry requirement for Medicine at Cambridge for an international student?

I am also an international student and your stats look amazing, especially with plenty of work experience and etc.
My profile:

Spoiler

Averages and stuff:

Spoiler

Good luck!
Yeah they do.:redface: But I always thought SUMS might be more important since it's the one used for autopooling in other subjects.

Same here...not sure if this is a good thing or not :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good if it is the most important because as I said it's my best! Haha ssssh it is :wink:
Reply 75
Wait so bio isn't always in the average?? For SUMS?
Original post by a123a
Wait so bio isn't always in the average?? For SUMS?

It is always in SUMS if you did it. If you were thinking about the screenshot I posted, that was for engineering and I was just using it as an example :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
It is always in SUMS if you did it. If you were thinking about the screenshot I posted, that was for engineering and I was just using it as an example :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my bad. What about in the three most relevant?

I'm the OP and was just curious :smile:
Original post by a123a
Oh my bad. What about in the three most relevant?

I'm the OP and was just curious :smile:

SUMS is the 3 most relevant sciences, so Bio would always be included if someone has studied it.
Reply 79
Original post by Chief Wiggum
SUMS is the 3 most relevant sciences, so Bio would always be included if someone has studied it.

But if there all sciences I heard they'll pick your top three?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending