The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Creative Writing?

I am thinking of going back to Uni in about a year or two to study Undergraduate CW. Anyone on or done this? Is it good?

The thing is... I am 28 currently, so will be a mature student, can you see any issue with this? I doubt I will do the whole halls thing again or even flatshare.

I already have a Ba in Media Production which I never use.

I own my own limited company which deals in books - I used to buy and sell physical books and now I publish from scratch Kindle titles. This is why I want to study CW - to help me write better and depend upon outsourcing writing/dialogue/editing/ less.

Do you need a portfolio to be considered? I keep writing things with the idea of using it as a portfolio but then I end up developing it and publishing it instead - obviously I cannot hand in a published piece of work can I, it is under a pen name.

Thanks
Reply 1
I'm starting Creative Writing next month. I don't know how good the course is yet but I can tell you that you don't need a portfolio to get in.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
What do you need? What did they ask in your interview, if you had one?
Reply 3
I didn't have an interview, I just got a straight unconditional offer based on my A Level results (need over 240-260 UCAS points). The full entry requirements are on their website: http://www.chester.ac.uk/undergraduate/creative-writing

Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending