Original post by martin jol
Latin :cool:

No, really.
Original post by godd
No, really.

Pedicabo ego vos, lasciua mauris.
Original post by godd
Question is in the title. :tongue:

I think in English. I guess my first language was Bengali despite being born here because my parents didn't know any English. Even when I'm trying to speak in Bengali to someone, I think in English. It's just easier for me. :smile:

:hahaha:
Reply 5
I just read the title in English, and I am currently reciting what I am currently writing in English. So English.
English and sometimes Libyan Arabic, it depends on what I'm thinking about.
Reply 7

I would find a comeback, but my Year 9 Latin is no match for your Classics degree. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Mochassassin
I think in English. I guess my first language was Bengali despite being born here because my parents didn't know any English. Even when I'm trying to speak in Bengali to someone, I think in English. It's just easier for me. :smile:

:hahaha:

So you always think in English then?
Original post by godd
I would find a comeback, but my Year 9 Latin is no match for your Classics degree. :frown:

google translate*
Original post by godd
So you always think in English then?

Always.
Apparently I used to struggle in the first few years of school with English (concern letters sent home all the time etc). It's pretty ironic because I'll be studying it now at uni. :cool:

What about you? What language do you think in?
Reply 11
Always.
Apparently I used to struggle in the first few years of school with English (concern letters sent home all the time etc). It's pretty ironic because I'll be studying it now at uni. :cool:

I'm in a similar situation with you but with Gujarati instead of Bengali.

I would say I think in English as well, I could think in Gujarati but my brain really slows down cos I lack a lot of verbs in that language etc.
Reply 12
Always.

But then how good is your Bengali?
Original post by godd
I'm in a similar situation with you but with Gujarati instead of Bengali.

I would say I think in English as well, I could think in Gujarati but my brain really slows down cos I lack a lot of verbs in that language etc.

Hi5! That's understandable. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hi5! That's understandable. :biggrin:

Reply 15
BUMP
Original post by godd

It's actually really good. Don't mean to offend anyone but none of the Bengali kids I know can say more than two words in Bengali and 90% of the sentence ends up being English. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
It's actually really good. Don't mean to offend anyone but none of the Bengali kids I know can say more than two words in Bengali and 90% of the sentence ends up being English. :rolleyes:

So, in your case, you would say you think in your stronger language?
Original post by godd
So, in your case, you would say you think in your stronger language?

Yeah, I'd say I think in my stronger language which is English. :smile:
Reply 19
Bump

Quick Reply

Latest