The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Should I apply?!

So, I got my AS grades,
Psychology - A (very high, hoping for an A* next year)
Maths - B (hoping to push it to an A next year)
Biology - D (I will be resitting the second exam and hoping for a B overall)
Chemistry - D (a few marks off a C, dropping at A2)

I'm applying for psychology, and I really wanted to apply for warwick university, but should I considering my AS grades?
Where should I apply?
Will universities asking for AAB/ABB consider me since I'm resitting my biology?
HELP!!
Reply 1
You could apply but you might not get an offer. They'd want AAA from you ideally, and I had a friend who got ABB last year in AS on the 3 subjects she was carrying on with, and she didn't get offers from any Uni she applied to that needed AAA. You'd just have to make sure your teachers predicted you AAA or above and gave you a good report, and make sure you have a really, really good personal statement too.

If I was you, I'd apply to Warwick but make sure your other 4 Uni's require lower grades where you're more likely to get an offer such AAB or ABB. You'd definitely get considered for Uni's who required those grades, but AAA might be a bit of a push.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Burst15
You could apply but you might not get an offer. They'd want AAA from you ideally, and I had a friend who got ABB last year in AS on the 3 subjects she was carrying on with, and she didn't get offers from any Uni she applied to that needed AAA. You'd just have to make sure your teachers predicted you AAA or above and gave you a good report, and make sure you have a really, really good personal statement too.

If I was you, I'd apply to Warwick but make sure your other 4 Uni's require lower grades where you're more likely to get an offer such AAB or ABB. You'd definitely get considered for Uni's who required those grades, but AAA might be a bit of a push.

Thanks! :smile:
Warwick is actually AAB I think from when I looked!

I was thinking about Loughborough (ABB) , Queen Mary's (ABB), Keele (BBB) and Warwick (AAB)
No idea for a last one though D:
Reply 3
Original post by EmilyLouise96
Thanks! :smile:
Warwick is actually AAB I think from when I looked!

I was thinking about Loughborough (ABB) , Queen Mary's (ABB), Keele (BBB) and Warwick (AAB)
No idea for a last one though D:

Ah okay, well if it's AAB you'll have a much better chance then. Just make sure you have a really good personal statement to go along with it.

Yeah those seem like really good options in terms of grades. You don't have to apply to 5 if you can't find another, but it's worth doing. Just try and go to a few open days for different Uni's and see what you like. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest