The Student Room Group

Why do Cambridge and Glasgow University both want A*AA for Veterinary Medicine?

I was just wondering why Cambridge and Glasgow both have the A-Level requirements for Veterinary Medicine as A*AA? Also, other Uni's like Bristol, RVC and Liverpool want at least 6 A's at GCSE, but Cambridge allows A/B/C in GCSE science and maths?
Original post by chickandtweety
I was just wondering why Cambridge and Glasgow both have the A-Level requirements for Veterinary Medicine as A*AA? Also, other Uni's like Bristol, RVC and Liverpool want at least 6 A's at GCSE, but Cambridge allows A/B/C in GCSE science and maths?

I do not really understand your question

They have lots of applicants so they can set the requirements as high as they want
Original post by TenOfThem
I do not really understand your question

They have lots of applicants so they can set the requirements as high as they want

I just mean if they want the same grades then does that mean they are equal in rank for Veterinary Medicine?
Original post by chickandtweety

The GCSE requirements are the minimum requirements for Cambridge.

The standard offer for Veterinary Medicine at Cambridge is now A*A*A.
Cambridge would say they allow passes at GCSE but in reality most successful applicants would have very high GCSE grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending