The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Applying for Psychology..?

I'm thinking about applying for psychology but I'm still not 100% convinced.. anyone out there studying psychology who could give me an idea of what it's like? (e.g. course, teachers and your favourite part) or even just general information about the school! thanks in advance :smile:
I'll be starting there next month, so will come back and answer this in a couple of months! Do you definitely want to study psychology and are just trying to decide which universities to apply to, or are you not convinced about doing psychology full stop?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
that would be fantastic!! thanks so much :smile:) I definitely want to study psychology but I'm still not sure which universities I want to apply to
No problem. I did an awful lot (a ridiculous amount!) of research into universities all over the country for psychology, so feel free to message me if you have any questions generally. I'd suggest thinking about what areas of psychology particularly interest you and then look for a department that offers modules and carries out research in those areas. All of the universities have areas they are particularly strong on, so for example Bath are very active in both clinical and health psychology, so would be a particularly good choice if one of those areas interests you. Others will be very strong in cognitive, or developmental. All BPS accredited courses will teach very content in the first and second year, as they have to cover all areas to gain accreditation, but final year modules vary a lot, and also the approach that each uni takes to teaching the core areas will vary based on the departmental interests etc.
Reply 4
thanks so much!! I messaged you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest