The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Ask a current chem eng student anything!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Hi
I am new to this forum, please excuse me if you feel I'm hijacking the thread. Please advise where should I post..

Currently, I am a second year Chem Eng student in a US university that ranks very high (within top 10 chemical engineering programs in the US). Last summer, I had an opportunity to visit Imperial College when I was holidaying in UK. I was impressed and now I am interested in undertaking a graduate degree MSc in Advanced Chemical Engineering with Process Systems Engineering (PSE) there, possibly extending to a PhD.

How hard is it to get an MSc admission for an American student (a full fee paying, overseas student). I have about 3.5 GPA (exams are terrible things for me). On the bright side, I am heavily involved in research work. I was very lucky to get involved in research that I love since the first year. During semesters I work part time but full time during summer and winter breaks. I have already published a paper as a first author also. Currently, I am working in a prototype field model outside field lab of the school. And I am confident that I will be continuing working in that project till I graduate, and also likely I will publish one or two more papers.

Will an around 3.3 to 3.5 GPA be acceptable in Imperial College Chem Eng MSc program? Any opinion/advice would be appreciated.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 161
Hey guys, any replies ! I am still waiting to hear..
Reply 162
Original post by BKSVNS
Hey guys, any replies ! I am still waiting to hear..

same here, i applied in December and nothing till now, really getting worried now :frown:
Reply 163
Hey Texiaco- are you an applicant from US college? Just curious!
Reply 164
Original post by BKSVNS
Hey Texiaco- are you an applicant from US college? Just curious!

Nope
Reply 165
Original post by texiaco
Nope

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending