The Student Room Group

Halfords job interview

Hi, got my first ever job interview next week at Halfords. I've been asked to wear all black clothes and shoes to blend in with the staff. I literally have no idea about what should I wear? how casual can I be? trainers? shirt? t shirt?
Reply 1
Why dont you go in shop to see what they wear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by 2710
Why dont you go in shop to see what they wear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They wear black trousers and a Halfords black/orange top, obviously can't wear that. Just think that a black shirt would look very strange, don't see many of them these days
Reply 3
Original post by afctom
They wear black trousers and a Halfords black/orange top, obviously can't wear that. Just think that a black shirt would look very strange, don't see many of them these days

From what I can see on google images, I would say a black polo would be okay. Unless you have a Black and orange one lol.

Don't wear trainers. Wear smart shoes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I work for halfords doing alot of interviews. Just wear black trousers. Black shoes or trainers (all black tho) and a black polo top. :smile: good luck
Reply 5
Original post by butchtash
I work for halfords doing alot of interviews. Just wear black trousers. Black shoes or trainers (all black tho) and a black polo top. :smile: good luck

Thank you so much! please can you tell me a bit more about the Role Play and Road Test as I'm a bit worried about those!
Reply 6
Got the job incase anyone was wondering :smile:
Original post by afctom
Got the job incase anyone was wondering :smile:

well done!
Reply 8
Hello afctom,

from the date of your interview, how many days did it take for them to say you have the job? Also hold long did it take for you to get a uniform?

I have a telephone interview next week :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by MrsHBx
Hello afctom,

from the date of your interview, how many days did it take for them to say you have the job? Also hold long did it take for you to get a uniform?

I have a telephone interview next week :smile:

I had the telephone interview, then about a week later got the store interview which went really well, and got offered the job the next day.Didn't get uniform for about 2 months! but just wore a plain black polo top and borrowed someone else's jumper.

I don't work there anymore though, wasn't very good to be honest, but best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending