The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do at UNI!!!

Just got my AS level results in Art (B), Psychology (B), Mathematics (A) and Further Maths (D), I will be dropping Further Maths.

I want to know if there are any uni courses that I can do without having done any specific A-level subjects and that would result in a job that is a very practical based.
Reply 1
I saw quite an interesting course called Restoration and Conservation that I think you might find fits in with what you were wanting from a subject.
Original post by baffledbyuni
Just got my AS level results in Art (B), Psychology (B), Mathematics (A) and Further Maths (D), I will be dropping Further Maths.

I want to know if there are any uni courses that I can do without having done any specific A-level subjects and that would result in a job that is a very practical based.

Architecture?
Reply 3
Have you considered French.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Bump
Reply 5
bump
Seriously, consider Architecture. It's very creative (see, e.g. Frank Lloyd-Wright's Fallingwater), but also requires techinical and mathematical skills (you've got a great grade in maths), and often requires art, which means that the pool of people who fulfill the admissions requirements is always fairly small.

Being an architect is also a great career.

Disclaimer: I'm not an architect and don't know any or want to become one, but I do know someone who does.

W.r.t. Psychology, the effects of buildings on people and people's perceptions of them is probably very important too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by baffledbyuni

If you don't know what you want to do, take a year or two out. I am an Architect, I teach Architecture, I didn't take a year out between A'levels and degree, but students who do best in Architecture often have some other experiences first...

Quick Reply

Latest