The Student Room Group

Getting an IUD - advice and tips...? Experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I had mirena inserted 11 days ago whilst under general anaesthetic and had a hysteroscopy at the same time.
Tomorrow it is coming out. Never been in so much pain before, I nearly passed out in the high street because of the pain. The pain just gets worse everyday and even prescription strength codeine is not enough. I am on an emotional rollercoaster, and I wanted to kill myself at one point. I was never like this before I had the procedure. I have even had to go to A&E because of the pain. I got told I had not give it a chance, I don't care. I have a life to get on with and I am not spending any more time being depressed.

I regret having it in the first place. I was never told I could be like this. D-Day tomorrow it is then!

Oh dear.

Sorry to hear that.

How are you now?
Original post by Anonymous
Oh dear.

Sorry to hear that.

How are you now?

I am feeling a hell of a lot better, back to normal. Chest pain and back pain has subsided. The mental effects lifted within hours of removal and I haven't taken anymore painkillers since that afternoon of removal. Prior to removal I was taking 60mg of codeine that still didn't take away the pain. To go from that to nothing is a huge difference.

I just wish I was told of the side effects beforehand, not just being told it is absolutely brilliant.

Quick Reply

Latest