The Student Room Group

would you cosider this as rape?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mankytoes
The logic is amazing. My mate got beaten unconscious, but he doesn't remember it so it isn't assault.

lol, you make a funny point but very different here! I don't think he raped her unless she was unconscious. But I think it's more like she cannot remember. I think where sex in concerned, consent is assumed if you don't say no. If you don't actually say no then how's he supposed to know. I think it would be ridiculous and totally unfair to report this! Not to mention the fact that this won't even get to court.
Original post by Kj2013
lol, you make a funny point but very different here! I don't think he raped her unless she was unconscious. But I think it's more like she cannot remember. I think where sex in concerned, consent is assumed if you don't say no. If you don't actually say no then how's he supposed to know. I think it would be ridiculous and totally unfair to report this! Not to mention the fact that this won't even get to court.

Come on, if someone is paraletic drunk it's always obvious, even if you're drunk, they slur their speech loads, are incoherant, their eyes roll around. You don't need someone to say yes, but you can tell by their body language- pulling you in, kissing you back etc.
Reply 82
She probably did though. Come on, not many men are rapists. They just try their luck, if they don't get a no, then away they go! No men I know would want to do someone who is unconscious - this is a very small minority.
Original post by dr-jimmy
What the ****? How is that going to stand up in a court of law? 'I didn't rape her and I can prove it- I illegally recorded her!'.

So you can see that the girl is going along with the sexual acts and isn't being raped.
Is that so hard to understand?

Rather be done for recording a private home made sex tape than being a rapist.
Original post by Juichiro
If you don't remember consenting it was.

That's wrong. It's if you didn't consent...not if you don't remember consenting
Yep it's rape. If he was drunk it's highly unlikely that he would've been able to have sex with you. You blacked out. If he had blacked out there would have been no sex at all. You should report it to prevent more girls from going through the same experience.
Original post by tnetennba
Yep it's rape. If he was drunk it's highly unlikely that he would've been able to have sex with you. You blacked out. If he had blacked out there would have been no sex at all. You should report it to prevent more girls from going through the same experience.

When i am drunk i am the most confident and perform my best. The other person hardly remembers the chain of events regarding sex, they sometimes ask me what we did in bed and says did we do that move, or they remember some things in bed but are a bit blurred. I have no idea what you think rape is, if the girl is sucking on my ..... and all over me i assume she consented to sex. If she is just laying there expecting me to do all the work, then i would just say nty to that bitch lol
Reply 87
Original post by Deteriorate
So you can see that the girl is going along with the sexual acts and isn't being raped.
Is that so hard to understand?

Rather be done for recording a private home made sex tape than being a rapist.

So you commit a crime every single time you sleep with someone because you are so paranoid they might accuse you of rape. What possible motivation could they have for doing that?
Also you aren't just going to get done for rape unless you actually rape someone, there has to be sufficient evidence you raped them. What if they found out you recorded them?
(edited 9 years ago)
So you commit a crime every single time you sleep with someone because you are so paranoid they might accuse you of rape. What possible motivation could they have for doing that?
Also you aren't just going to get done for a rapist unless you actually rape someone, there has to be sufficient evidence you raped them. What if they found out you recorded them?

Because women love to **** guys over.
Original post by siamakdie
When i am drunk i am the most confident and perform my best. The other person hardly remembers the chain of events regarding sex, they sometimes ask me what we did in bed and says did we do that move, or they remember some things in bed but are a bit blurred. I have no idea what you think rape is, if the girl is sucking on my ..... and all over me i assume she consented to sex. If she is just laying there expecting me to do all the work, then i would just say nty to that bitch lol

But she wasn't all over him. She was passed out
Reply 90

Christ, well you have issues. The reason you feel the need to covertly film women is a problem that lies with you.
Christ, well you have issues. The reason you feel the need to covertly film women is a problem that lies with you.

Are you slow it's not me who is recording it was another guy, I simply explained the reason to you why he might do that because it didn't seem like you were able to understand.

lel.
Reply 92

If he was drunk why would it be highly unlikely he'll be able to have sex with her? Don't be ridiculous, most men can have sex and be drunk. U watch too much tv!
Reply 93

No we don't I wouldn't report this. He didn't hurt her.
Reply 94

How do you know that? She doesn't know that! OP claiming to have blacked out can mean unconscious or not remembering a specific period of time. She wasn't specific but it's more likely to be the latter.
You were told by someone else that you had sex, i wonder how did they find out? Surely if it was rape or at least in questionable circumstances the guy would not be telling other people. If he told others then he clearly didnt think it was rape. If he told nobody and others still knew, then the fact that they didnt stop it tells me they also didnt think it was rape. Drunken mistake tis all

Shocked to hear you say this sort of thing after your earlier comments.

I get that guys are worried about being falsely accused of rape, it's scary- not so much that you'll be convicted, those rates are pretty low and if the evidence isn't there, you're likely to be ok, but just an accusation can have your name in the paper, all over the internet, all your friends know, I can't even imagine my mother and grandmother hearing that, I think I'd want to kill myself.

But that isn't to say it's a common thing, and it certainly doesn't warrant treating women who do suspect sexual abuse or rape with undue scepticism. Yes, it's scary to be wrongly accused of rape, but it's scarier to think that any of the women that are close to be could be raped, and even worse that the guy could get away with it.
Reply 97
Why isn't the OP responding to give is more detail? O_o
i didn't expect that many replies... but just to clear things up:
- there were people in the room who saw what was happening, they told me the guy took advantage of me
- by 'blacked out' i mean i have no recollection of that happening, however i don't think i was full-on unconscious, i was definitely not in the state to say anything that i would normally say or give any sort of consent
- the guy apparently liked me however i had no intention of doing anything about it while sober
- also, the last thing i remember was being on the floor, so do not accuse me of being the initiator as i'm 100% certain that this wasn't the case

i got enough s**t from people at school already because everyone has been told about this so i would really appreciate if people weren't being horrible about this... i'm NOT 'ruining anyone's life', i have no intention of reporting anything, i'm over it, i just want people's general opinion on how to define it.

She didn't say she was passed out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending