The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've always believed the show up because I'm underweight... well not underweight but not much skin/fat on it.
Well I always thought that those veins showed up becos you exercise or do weight lift a lot I mean on my hands to the elbow the vein actually show up clearly as well as on my feet so i guess if you do lots of exercises or weight lift etc..
Reply 22
Yeah, most men have sticky out veins in their arms, it's perfectly normal. Shows you're not fat anyway :tongue: My boyfriend has insanely sticky out veins, you can see them all the way along his hands too.

But I have slightly too visible veins in my arms for a girl, I think. I don't know any girls who's veins stick out like mine do. But I am slimmer than most of my friends, so it's probably just that.

And yeah, it does make it easier for injections and stuff. When I was in hospital, they got a trainee doctor to do my anaesthetic because I have easily visible veins. Bad idea though - I wish I hadn't agreed to it, because canulas are a lot more painful when they've been done slowly.