The Student Room Group

Which subject do I drop? :/

Hey,
So I've just completed my AS levels amd got my results
Health and Social Care - AA
Psychology - D
Sociology - B
I plan on studying nursing at University, and am not certain on which subject I should drop out of psychology and sociology. Obviously sociology is my stronger subject, however I enjoy psychology more. In addition, I'm not sure which subject would be best to continue with for getting onto a nursing degree. Any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated :smile:
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by despicablerach
Hey,
Psychology - D
Sociology - B
I plan on studying nursing at University, and am not certain on which subject I should drop out of psychology and sociology. Obviously sociology is my stronger subject, however I enjoy psychology more. In addition, I'm not sure which subject would be best to continue with for getting onto a nursing degree. Any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated :smile:
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would do something you are enjoying more, I checked and both subjects are important in nursing so it is pretty much up to you. But in the end universities want good grades and since both subjects are relative it won't matter much which you drop. However I think two A levels are really not enough since majority of Universities ask for three A levels. In my opinion I would stick to psychology but it matters what you want to do :biggrin:

Heres the subjects most unis require:
http://university.which.co.uk/advice/what-a-levels-do-you-need-to-become-a-nurse
Thank you :smile: and my health and social care counts as two Alevels, I'll have to have a proper think about whether to go with my strength or my most enjoyed xxx
Thank you :smile: and my health and social care counts as two Alevels, I'll have to have a proper think about whether to go with my strength or my most enjoyed xxx

No Problem :biggrin:

Well then that's fine if they count as two A levels, then theirs pretty much nothing to worry about. If you enjoy something then chances are you will end up being good at it. However either way if you drop sociology or psychology you will be fine :biggrin:
Hey,
Psychology - D
Sociology - B
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is health and social a btec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply