The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

City Campus

Are city campuses really that bad? Everyone here is saying they're boring but they seem so much more convenient! Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suspect it's a bit of an exaggeration. There's probably at least an element of truth to it, however, otherwise it wouldn't have developed that reputation in the first place.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I suspect it's a bit of an exaggeration. There's probably at least an element of truth to it, however, otherwise it wouldn't have developed that reputation in the first place.

I guess so..thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lived there and had the best time.... I don't really understand why it gets such a bad rep on here. Everyone else I know loved it too... Maybe there is some truth in it but 99% of people ending up loving their halls, city or not :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tillytots
I lived there and had the best time.... :shrug:

I guess it's what you make of it tbh! Would have thought they're good because they're closer to town as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MaheenMaheen
I guess it's what you make of it tbh! Would have thought they're good because they're closer to town as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fallowfield is great not going to lie. I lived there during my second year in a house. It's almost exclusively students and there's alot more 'buzz' but that's because there are alot of halls there in one contained space, plus it's where most choose to live in second and third year so obviously it has alot of students. I never found city boring though, it doesn't have all the takeaways and cheap bars that Fallowfield has but my hall was large so there was always loads going on.
Original post by tillytots
Fallowfield is great not going to lie. I lived there during my second year in a house. It's almost exclusively students and there's alot more 'buzz' but that's because there are alot of halls there in one contained space, plus it's where most choose to live in second and third year so obviously it has alot of students. I never found city boring though, it doesn't have all the takeaways and cheap bars that Fallowfield has but my hall was large so there was always loads going on.

Hmm ahh right..which city campus did u stay at

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MaheenMaheen
Hmm ahh right..which city campus did u stay at

Posted from TSR Mobile

whitworth park :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending