The Student Room Group

We don't have much sex anymore

When we first got together my boyfriend and I had loads of sex, several times a day everyday we were together, although we were semi long distance so we would only see each other for a weekend every 3-4 weeks, or something like that. We then did a year of very long distance, going 2-4 months without seeing each other, but we did live together for a couple of months during that year. Recently I have moved to the same town as him and although we don't live together we do see each other most days and it worries me a bit that we hardly ever have sex, we do once a week at the most and I often initiate things. The rest of the time he rarely initiates anything or brings up sex, even though I say I would like to have sex more often.
I don't expect us to be sleeping together as much as we used to but it bothers me that he doesn't really seem interested at all. I asked him if he wasn't attracted to me anymore/there was someone else but he said that there's nothing wrong. Has anyone else experienced this?
He's probably getting it elsewhere or just tired?
Are you sure he's not cheating? :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by bittr n swt
He's probably getting it elsewhere or just tired?

He does work a lot, so perhaps it's that.
I really hope he isn't sleeping with someone else =/
Reply 4
Original post by Maid Marian
Are you sure he's not cheating? :redface:

Well I couldn't say 100% but it seems pretty unlikely
If he's stressed out that can be a problem. I know I lose the will a bit when I've got lots on my mind and really busy.
Original post by Anonymous
He does work a lot, so perhaps it's that.
I really hope he isn't sleeping with someone else =/

Yeah fatigue really does reduce a guys or girls sex drive.
Reply 7
If he's working quite a lot he's probably just not got it on his mind as much as he usually might do. Why not ask him about it?
Considering you don't live together, surely once a week isn't that crazy of a number? It is a bit odd that he doesn't fancy it, I thought any guy is always up for a bit of loving lol.
Reply 9
Original post by CJKay
If he's working quite a lot he's probably just not got it on his mind as much as he usually might do. Why not ask him about it?

I did ask and he said he was tired, which I suppose is fair enough but he used to work much longer hours and that didn't affect things.

Original post by commandant
Considering you don't live together, surely once a week isn't that crazy of a number? It is a bit odd that he doesn't fancy it, I thought any guy is always up for a bit of loving lol.

No, but it's once a week maximum, like in the past month it's been maybe 2-3 times, and we do see each other nearly every day.
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I did ask and he said he was tired, which I suppose is fair enough but he used to work much longer hours and that didn't affect things.

No, but it's once a week maximum, like in the past month it's been maybe 2-3 times, and we do see each other nearly every day.

Well it's more down to the stress of the work than the quantity of it that will drive down somebody's sex drive, but even that seems quite low...

Quick Reply

Latest