University of Aberdeen

University of Aberdeen Non-Drinkers Freshers 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm coming from North Yorkshire, have to leave at 2am on move in day :h:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 21
Original post by Northampton<3
I'm in Grant Court :smile: Glad to know there will be other people not drinking, everyone I've met so far seems to want to spend all of Fresher's Week totally smashed.

yeah i know what you mean and all organised events seem to be pub crawls/club nights.
I'll be up for this I reckon. I'm coming from the midlands and I'm 21 so I guess I'm almost past the drinking stage (sounds tragic maybe but been there done that blah). Don't mind a bit of it, but not too into getting smashed 7 days a week..

I think it's cool to meet some students whose names I'm going to remember anyway

I think I'm staying in one of the 3 main mixed flats in Hillhead, but hasn't been confirmed, they say it's really busy this year

I'm Will :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by compofoggyclegg
I'll be up for this I reckon. I'm coming from the midlands and I'm 21 so I guess I'm almost past the drinking stage (sounds tragic maybe but been there done that blah). Don't mind a bit of it, but not too into getting smashed 7 days a week..

I think it's cool to meet some students whose names I'm going to remember anyway

I think I'm staying in one of the 3 main mixed flats in Hillhead, but hasn't been confirmed, they say it's really busy this year

I'm Will :smile:

Hi I'm Zara.
I'm exactly the same, my days of drinking are over. I think I would feel really old getting drunk with 18year olds!
Any of you guys fancy meeting up in freshers' week? I don't want to just sit in my room while everyone gets pissed. Robbie
Reply 25
Original post by thesunking
Any of you guys fancy meeting up in freshers' week? I don't want to just sit in my room while everyone gets pissed. Robbie

Yeah I would like to. Sounds like a good idea.
Hi, I'm going into my first year at Aberdeen to study pharmacology and not really a fan of going out and getting drunk or alcohol in general really... So glad I saw this thread ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, that would be awesome :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Airess3
Yeah, that would be awesome :smile:

What would you guys like to do?
Original post by Za.Ke
What would you guys like to do?

Coffee/tea/cold drink somewhere? There's a nice place called Kilau in the middle of the campus. I was at Aberdeen Uni for 6 weeks over the summer. Any of you guys on Facebook? Robbie
I'm up for that! Can always drive people too- there's an awesome chippie and icecream shop in Stonehaven not too far away- might sound a bit rubbish but honestly it's the best. Kilau sounds good too though
Reply 31
Coffee/tea/cold drink somewhere? There's a nice place called Kilau in the middle of the campus. I was at Aberdeen Uni for 6 weeks over the summer. Any of you guys on Facebook? Robbie

Yeah a coffee sounds good so does a trip to Stonehaven. My name on face book is just Za Ke.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey, I am not a big drinker either, I am however 18! Studying Primary teaching and from North Ayrshire in Scotland! :smile:
Reply 33
Great to hear that so many of you will be sensible about your alchohol intake this freshers. Plenty more things to see and do... even the best cheap ideas like taking a bbq to the beach or enjoying the parks. Make the most of the better weather before winter and exams.
Reply 34
Original post by anon...
Great to hear that so many of you will be sensible about your alchohol intake this freshers. Plenty more things to see and do... even the best cheap ideas like taking a bbq to the beach or enjoying the parks. Make the most of the better weather before winter and exams.

yeah theres no point doing something that will cost a fortune, just a wee get together.
Reply 35
I'm coming also from North Yorkshirs , ^^
Reply 36
I'm also from North
(edited 9 years ago)
WARNING

The university is now sending out emails to students still not sorted out into accommodation. they are saying that they found permanent accommodation for us in the city centre, but DO NOT ACCEPT THIS OFFER.
the accommodation they are offering us costs 150 to 180 pounds per week and it is SELF CATERED, which means food expenses (biggest expense after rent)is not included, so this is extremely overpriced. Not to mention the apartments are shared. Im from Glasgow and some of the flats here in the more luxurious neighbourhoods do not cost as much.
The offer they are giving us is NOT acceptable as is it some 90 pounds PER WEEK more expensive that the exact same shared non catered flats in Hillhead.

We need to be together on this and let the university know that we will not tolerate such ridiculous offers. If no one accepts, that they will have to find cheaper accomm=odation than what they offer now.
Personally, i feel such an offer is plan rude, but if noone accepts we will make it know that we will not tolerate this. DO NOTT ACCEOT THE OFFFER. :wavingtheflag:
Does the tea, coffee and cake society appeal to any of you? I'm not a fresher, but I'll most likely meet most of you considering I'm working at registration week to help you all get sorted haha. Not everyone is a big drinker, so don't worry, people won't treat you any differently for not drinking unless you yourself make a big deal out of it.
Reply 39
Original post by GoingToBurst
Does the tea, coffee and cake society appeal to any of you? I'm not a fresher, but I'll most likely meet most of you considering I'm working at registration week to help you all get sorted haha. Not everyone is a big drinker, so don't worry, people won't treat you any differently for not drinking unless you yourself make a big deal out of it.

so do they really just sit around and drink tea and eat cake?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending