The Student Room Group

Chest pain?!!@$%@%

Help!!! My chest hurts! And it all began yesterday while playing computer. It's like all of a sudden, it suddenly hurts. And until now it's painful when I move about a lot and even when breathing. I don't know what to do, and I'm getting pretty paranoid, like my ribs are broken (which I don't think so) or even having symptoms of pre-heart attack (which is ridiculous). What is this pain, and how can it be gone?
Reply 1
how old are you ? do you exercise enough? , look the best thing to do right now is calm down & later visit your GP best of luck
Reply 2
Is it a stitch? Does it hurt when you breathe in and out? If so, try to breathe shallowly and breathe through it until it goes, that works for me. If not, don't know what else to suggest other than see a doctor.
Reply 3
mc solaar
how old are you ? do you exercise enough? , look the best thing to do right now is calm down & later visit your GP best of luck

I'm 15, and I don't exercise much, except for the 2 hour swim every Sunday. Well, I don't know, it just suddenly developed. And it's only the right part of my chest that hurts though :confused:

MissHero
Is it a stitch? Does it hurt when you breathe in and out?

No, no stitches are done there before. And it only hurts when I breathe in and out deeply. And the funny thing is, by walking up the stairs, I feel like there's something moving there....
Reply 4
Go to your doctor. Get it checked out.

Karen x
I agree see a doctor ASAP.
Reply 6
How long you had it? Most get chest pains and its nothing to worry about.
Reply 7
it could be heartburn if it feels like when you breathe in your ribs might crack. Go to your doctor, maybe it wont hurt as much if you lie down?
Reply 8
What type of pains?
Reply 9
Hardly ever heartburn.
Reply 10
Def go to a doc
Reply 11
I used to get heartpains, whereby if I breathed in more than a little it really hurt, especially when laying on one side. However, I have come to the conclusion that it was just stress, as it was only through busy times of my life i.e. exams. Hopefully it's nothing wrong, but really, we cannot give advice on here, we're not professionals. To the doctors. :smile:
if your chest hurts you may have just overstretched it during swimming, and then the pain kicks in later. see a doctor to be safe. I go chinese kickboxing every week and straight afterwards my body feels fine then next morning my whole bosy hurts and then day after that all back to normal. Check ti with the doctor to b safe
sufiankane
if your chest hurts you may have just overstretched it during swimming, and then the pain kicks in later. see a doctor to be safe. I go chinese kickboxing every week and straight afterwards my body feels fine then next morning my whole bosy hurts and then day after that all back to normal. Check ti with the doctor to b safe

I'm pretty sure that isn't what the OP means by his/her chest pain.

No, no stitches are done there before. And it only hurts when I breathe in and out deeply. And the funny thing is, by walking up the stairs, I feel like there's something moving there....

I used to get this very often and asked a few people (including GPs about what it could be) and they told me it was inflamed rib cartilage.

Before you go and see a GP, I suggest you try this, it will hurt like a bitch but hopefully it will go and you'll feel better right away. Take one or two very fast deep breaths, it WILL hurt, and you might feel something sort of click, but the pain will go immediately if you are getting what I used to (and sometimes still do) get.
Reply 15
is there pain down your left arm, left side or in your shoulder? If not its probably nothing instantly serious, however definantly get it checked out, many things can cause pain in the chest from indegestion to angina and an MI doesn't always cause them, don't panic.
Reply 16
I get severe chest pains just before I get ill with a sore throat which happens a lto and this generally leads to a chest infection. It could be something as simple as that but dont worry about it too much, if its still there when you wake up tomorrow morning then consider seeing your doctor :smile:
it could be the lining of the lungs getting inflamed, my dad had it a few weeks back and it sounded a bit similar to what you are describing.

inflammation of the lining isn't anything serious.

my advice is posting on this forum won't help you, we are not doctors :smile:

do what posters before me said and see a doctor ASAP
Reply 18
I had chest pains that sounded similar to yours, and i noticed that an area of my ribcage was raised, so i went to the doctor and it was just inflammed cartilage, its not curable anyway, has to go away on its own.

Latest

Trending

Trending