The Student Room Group

Are Medicine, Dentistry and Vet Med the only courses that matter?

HELP.

:tongue:

Scroll to see replies

You forgot Natural Sciences...

But STEM is all that matters.
Reply 2
Criminology matters
Vet med? Did you expect you to be into animals tbh :curious:
I'm trying to think of a career path or job that couldn't be done with a degree in a STEM subject. I'm currently having an internal debate with myself about the relevance of something like a good Economics degree in the world of finance, or at the Treasury.

Apart from that I can't think of one. You're bound to have the old law degree and lawyer argument but we all know good lawyers without a law degree, but do we know a good person to run the BoE without a background in Economics?
(edited 9 years ago)
:facepalm:
Hi Marky Mark, in my opinion every course matters as long as you give yourself to it and do your best in order to succeed. Don't think like that..it doesn't matter to get into a course that matter when you are not satisfied with it. Choose something with prospective and most of all something that makes you complete as a person and as a scientist!
No... You've been reading too many TSR threads that makes it seem that way.
They are if you want to be a doctor, dentist, or vet
Engineering brah.
Reply 10
I did a music degree and I'm doing ok...
Maths
Law... every other course.
Reply 13
Original post by yo radical one
Vet med? Did you expect you to be into animals tbh :curious:

lol

Original post by JC.
I did a music degree and I'm doing ok...

homeless are you? :lol:

Original post by TenOfThem
They are if you want to be a doctor, dentist, or vet

Who wants to be anything else? :tongue:

Original post by pryngles
Maths

Down with maths and up with science
Original post by JayJay-C19
Law... every other course.

Yeah right.
Original post by Madeline_H95
I'm trying to think of a career path or job that couldn't be done with a degree in a STEM subject. I'm currently having an internal debate with myself about the relevance of something like a good Economics degree in the world of finance, or at the Treasury.

Apart from that I can't think of one. You're bound to have the old law degree and lawyer argument but we all know good lawyers without a law degree, but do we know a good person to run the BoE without a background in Economics?

Translator/interpreter?
they are, why do you think they only allow 4 choices in UCAS?
Einstein says yes, because he did his degree in Medicine. Darwin dropped out of a Medical degree at Edinburgh and he ended up a failure.

Need more evidence? Stephen Hawking did his degree in Physics and Chemistry. And now he is in a wheelchair.

I suppose just in case some admin comes in thinking "OMG SO OFFENSIVE", I should just state that yes, I was being sarcastic.
Original post by Marky Mark
lol

homeless are you? :lol:

Who wants to be anything else? :tongue:

Down with maths and up with science

Yeah right.

Yep. Actually.
You actually study matter in Physics ie Higgs Boson so its the only degree that matters!
Original post by TurboCretin
Translator/interpreter?

What about those people who are fluent without having a degree in the language? I think this is similar to saying animators at Disney Pixar must have a degree in animation. It would be useful but some people do self-teach the software?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending