iPhones are overrated and ****.
I couldn't live without my iPhone! x
Original post by HurdlesToJump
I couldn't live without my iPhone! x

Your life must be great....
Original post by bittr n swt
Your life must be great....

It's fantastic thanks!
Samsung :smile: i agree apple is quite overrated ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Samsung! Mainly because Samsung have that lock thing when you play videos, so when my nephew's watching his shows on my phone the screen is locked on the video. He likes to hold my phone and kiss/bite it so thankfully when he's doing that he doesn't exit his show because the screen is locked on it. :biggrin:

And Android beats iOS any day.

And I know how to fix Samsung phones.

And iPhone is ****.

:innocent:
Reply 7
If it's just which phone I prefer, rather than which I think you should get, then Samsung, because I can play with the Android source and also write decent apps for it without purchasing some ridiculously-priced propriety software and hardware.
iPhone. Only because I like the way they look/feel. Samsung's are the better phones by far but they're very light to hold which I don't like and have a lot going on. I prefer the minimalistic layout of an iPhone.
Apple iPhone anytime over Samsung. Primarily because in my opinion iOS (Apple's operating system) > Android. This article sums up the mobile operating system, I.e: Android that Samsung uses:
"Android fragmentation turning devices into a toxic hellstew of vulnerabilities"

Let me give you some stats to back this up:

"89 percent of Apple's installed base is on the most recent version of iOS, just 9 percent of Android users are in the same position."
"One-third of customers are running a version of Android from 4 years ago"
- Running an outdated firmware increases the likelihood of security flaws. This statistic suggests updating a samsung, android-run phone is harder to update than Apple.

Also to add to the flaws of Samsung & Android: 99% of mobile malware is android based.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I had a Samsung Galaxy Y and it always kept freezing and the touch screen was very unresponsive, whereas my iPhone works perfectly. Admittedly the Samsung phone I had was quite an old model but I still really disliked it.
Reply 12
Original post by Toriar
I had a Samsung Galaxy Y and it always kept freezing and the touch screen was very unresponsive, whereas my iPhone works perfectly. Admittedly the Samsung phone I had was quite an old model but I still really disliked it.

well Y is a lower end phone. it is not meant to carry out heavy work.
iPhone.

like I dont think I'd have a samsung if you paid me. If I had to have another Android I'd definitely get a HTC.
Reply 14
Original post by Arcane Fire
Apple iPhone anytime over Samsung. Primarily because in my opinion iOS (Apple's operating system) > Android. This article sums up the mobile operating system, I.e: Android that Samsung uses:
"Android fragmentation turning devices into a toxic hellstew of vulnerabilities"

Let me give you some stats to back this up:

"89 percent of Apple's installed base is on the most recent version of iOS, just 9 percent of Android users are in the same position."
"One-third of customers are running a version of Android from 4 years ago"
- Running an outdated firmware increases the likelihood of security flaws. This statistic suggests updating a samsung, android-run phone is harder to update than Apple.

Also to add to the flaws of Samsung & Android: 99% of mobile malware is android based.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't seen this kind of fanboy argument for a very long time. 2/10, would not read again.

Regarding the OP it really depends what you want to do with your phone and which model of Samsung you get, they aren't all the same.

iPhones are renowned for their simplicity, but Apple do as much as possible lock you into themselves so for instance if you use a Mac and iPad you get all sorts of useful syncing. Apps tend to be more expensive on iOS as well.

Samsungs very in their models. The latest flagship S5 has big screen if you're not used to it so if you have dainty hands you might find one handed use difficult. It does have cool features, but IMO most are gimmicky. Smaller and older Samsung phones might be a little slow, so running games two years from now might be a problem. Battery life is always something to consider with Samsungs as well (although it isn't great on iPhones).

You could get either. Arguments of apps aren't really valid any more. Both Android and iOS have a **** tonne, that's metric.

I myself went for a Google/ LG phone. I hate Samsung's plasticy feel as well. Wouldn't cost the earth to make a nice feeling phone Samsung, come on.

This comparison is like saying "Do you prefer the Gallardo or Audi?" one is a model, one is a manufacturer. I could perfectly well say I prefer my Samsung washing machine to my iPhone in response.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
(edited 9 years ago)
Been using iPhones for a while, had a Samsung Galaxy S4 and it was mostly a disappointment.

Cheap plastics, too damn much bugs and bloatware, poor battery life and crap residual value.
Reply 16
Original post by GnomeMage
well Y is a lower end phone. it is not meant to carry out heavy work.

Yeah that's exactly why I got it, I wanted a cheaper phone that I could use just to phone and text people and it froze just from trying to do those things. Lord only knows what would've happened if I tried to use Facebook or play a game.
Original post by adi19956
I haven't seen this kind of fanboy argument for a very long time. 2/10, would not read again.

Regarding the OP it really depends what you want to do with your phone and which model of Samsung you get, they aren't all the same.

iPhones are renowned for their simplicity, but Apple do as much as possible lock you into themselves so for instance if you use a Mac and iPad you get all sorts of useful syncing. Apps tend to be more expensive on iOS as well.

Samsungs very in their models. The latest flagship S5 has big screen if you're not used to it so if you have dainty hands you might find one handed use difficult. It does have cool features, but IMO most are gimmicky. Smaller and older Samsung phones might be a little slow, so running games two years from now might be a problem. Battery life is always something to consider with Samsungs as well (although it isn't great on iPhones).

You could get either. Arguments of apps aren't really valid any more. Both Android and iOS have a **** tonne, that's metric.

I myself went for a Google/ LG phone. I hate Samsung's plasticy feel as well. Wouldn't cost the earth to make a nice feeling phone Samsung, come on.

This comparison is like saying "Do you prefer the Gallardo or Audi?" one is a model, one is a manufacturer. I could perfectly well say I prefer my Samsung washing machine to my iPhone in response.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

"I haven't seen this kind of fanboy argument for a very long time. 2/10, would not read again."

What utter tripe. The discussion is posted Apple or Samsung; I am entitled to side with Apple without being deduced as a fanboy as you say.

I quoted statistics how the hell is that a fanboy argument; they are facts which I used to back up my initial claim. Read any decent source, for instance this is from Forbes:
"...It also grew to an even larger one: 97%. This was Android’s share of global mobile malware."
"Unless you’ve had your head under a rock you’ll have noticed the latter is fast becoming the weapon of choice for Google’s rivals in attempting to curtail the former. On paper it should. Android malware rose from 238 threats in 2012 to 804 new threats in 2013. What was the combined total of new threats for Apple iOS, BlackBerry OS and Microsoft Windows Phone in that time? Zero. The remaining 3% came from Nokia’s axed Symbian platform."

It would be quite just I think to point out that most malware reside in the android district which is what Samsung phones use to operate. Thus, this is one of many reasons why I believe Apple trumps Samsung.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've tried both and I much prefer the iPhone. I like the look of it better and I think it runs more smoothly and the camera is much better. Also, the App Store is much easier to use in my opinion.
I vote for: idon'tgiveacrapit'saphonegetoveryourself

Quick Reply

Latest