The Student Room Group

What does it mean when a guy randomly teases you of liking a guy?

This has happened to me before and I hate the memory of it popping up constantly. He's one of my friends, a guy who trusts me with his secrets. Yet he only told his mates and me in personal, well online. But I slapped him pretty hard and he was really mad at me, but he apologised the week after. Also, if a close guy draws animated drawings for you, then does he consider as a really close mate or what? He spent the 2nd for 30 minutes.Yet he offers and I agree to his offer with what anime character I want. I don't like this guy nor have I ever, I just want to know if he liked me. He considers me to be funny, well that's our online conversations. Btw, when he kept saying that 'you like him, don't you'? He also made this funny yet pretty boy look, the look which shows the intention 'yeah, yeah you like him don't lie' yet the douche bag kept smiling at him when he said that. He's annoying yet funny to be around with. I know that he considers as one of the really weird girls yet he appreciates talking to me, and when he use to talk to me it seemed as if he was staring into my eyes, really intrigued into the conversation. And yes, this guy ends up saying to guys 'get in there' to who I'm speaking to. What his problem? And we both swear at each other but it's our way of friendship, we talk about random stuff or nerdy stuff. But now I don't even speak to him... he's changed so much. Tries to act hard with these chains or working out methods. Ew. Craving for girl attention or popularity. Did he like me before?
(edited 9 years ago)
He likes you and secretly hopes you say no when he asks the question.

That is so primary school
Original post by bittr n swt
He likes you and secretly hopes you say no when he asks the question.

That is so primary school

Such a douche bag (him!) Just why did he do this?
you are reading too much into everything he does, no one likes a ****ing creep, yeah?
Original post by martin jol
you are reading too much into everything he does, no one likes a ****ing creep, yeah?

We're friends and I didn't talk about it since a long time. I wasn't really bothered before.
Do you watch Casualty? It's basically the situation Tasmyn is in. She likes her colleague but when he gets a new girlfriends she acts happy and pretends she is not bothered but secretely she is and only asks to hope he is unhappy so she can move in despite her being engaged.

It's similar to your situation. You like a guy and have a guy friend tyring to find out more hoping you either fall for him or say you're unhappy so he feels he has a chance. As an earlier posted said, it's primary school behaviour and IMO rather sweet.
Original post by Madeline_H95
Do you watch Casualty? It's basically the situation Tasmyn is in. She likes her colleague but when he gets a new girlfriends she acts happy and pretends she is not bothered but secretely she is and only asks to hope he is unhappy so she can move in despite her being engaged.

It's similar to your situation. You like a guy and have a guy friend tyring to find out more hoping you either fall for him or say you're unhappy so he feels he has a chance. As an earlier posted said, it's primary school behaviour and IMO rather sweet.

How do you know that I like this guy? I slapped him in front of my year group because he said that I like some other guy - not true.
Original post by inachigeek21
How do you know that I like this guy? I slapped him in front of my year group because he said that I like some other guy - not true.

It's the reverse of the Casualty situation. He is the Tasmyn in my analogy. He likes you but pretends he doesn't when really he will give anything to be with you. You're the colleague who is in a relationship or fanices someone else making him jealous. He just hopes his actions make you fall for him eventually.
Listen, that paragraph of text is barely comprehendable. It's poorly written so it's incredibly difficult to try and understand the situations you are describing. Enough understanding is lost online anyway, combined with poor grammar and jarred wording, I'm not comfortable answering that question.

Everyone who has responded is just guessing based on very few, very sketchy details. Re-write what is actually going on if you want a proper answer because what I just read could mean a million and one things. The most likely of which is absoloutely nothing.
You slapped him? Unless you mean in a jokey way, I think you need to look at yourself first love.

Quick Reply