The Student Room Group

Likelihood of getting AAA

What is the Likelihood of getting AAA/A*AA+ in the following subjects next year? What would everyone recommend retaking?

Nb. I would like to do Medicine at University and have 9A's and 3A*'s at GCSE

Maths:
C1: 84/100
C2: 100/100
C3: 75/100
C4: 57/100
M1: 68/100
S1: 73/100
Total: 457/600

Physics:
G491:63/90 (b)
G492:111/150 (b)
G493:54/60 (a)
Total:228/300

Chemistry:
F321: 59/90
F322: 129/150
F323: 51/60
Total:239/300

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
btw you have done your chem total wrong. I would however retake some of the maths modules.
Original post by whydoidothis?
btw you have done your chem total wrong. I would however retake some of the maths modules.

I meant 239 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You've definitely got a shot, you aren't too far off an A in any of them. It would certainly be trickier to get the As next year (and harder to persuade teachers to give high predictions) with Bs this year. However, even an A* is achievable as it's the 90% at A2 that's important. For A2 maths, I forget if it's C3 or C4 that you need 90% in to get the A* overall but i'd retake if you want the A* in maths, if not i'd leave it and focus on aceing your other exams. Either way you're going to have to work your socks off next year, so good luck to you :biggrin:
(i'm no expert, sorry - this may be total rubbish)
Original post by 08rdiss
You've definitely got a shot, you aren't too far off an A in any of them. It would certainly be trickier to get the As next year (and harder to persuade teachers to give high predictions) with Bs this year. However, even an A* is achievable as it's the 90% at A2 that's important. For A2 maths, I forget if it's C3 or C4 that you need 90% in to get the A* overall but i'd retake if you want the A* in maths, if not i'd leave it and focus on aceing your other exams. Either way you're going to have to work your socks off next year, so good luck to you :biggrin:
(i'm no expert, sorry - this may be total rubbish)

Do you believe teachers should predict AS or AS+1 grades for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Do you believe teachers should predict AS or AS+1 grades for A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on the student of course, but I think that if the student shows the potential to get those grades then they should be predicted them. I think this year especially as we had no January modules so weren't really aware how hard it would be and had no opportunity to retake the same year.
Original post by 08rdiss
It depends on the student of course, but I think that if the student shows the potential to get those grades then they should be predicted them. I think this year especially as we had no January modules so weren't really aware how hard it would be and had no opportunity to retake the same year.

Thank you very much- if anyone else has any comments then i would very much appreciate to hear them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending