The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Neuadd Willis

Hey

I know it was aginst the advice and experience of some second years - but I've decided on these private halls. I really think I'll be happier in these halls simply because I'm quite shy around large groups of ppl and 18 hsaring a kitchen and bathroom would have been too much for me.

Anway, I was just wondering if anybody knows exactly how far away they are from other student accomodation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're not too far from anything really. Everything in Bangor is close, and it's by the train station if I'm not very much mistaken.

Have you definitely got a place there?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
sexysax
They're not too far from anything really. Everything in Bangor is close, and it's by the train station if I'm not very much mistaken.

Have you definitely got a place there?

Yes I've paid my deposit today. I bet you think I'm really stupid don't you:rolleyes:
Reply 3
I don't think you're stupid! I think you'll be happier there for the moment, all I'm concerned about is you making friends with people. You will on your course so that's ok, but not many first years at all will be in your halls, but you already know a fair few people so I'm hoping you'll be ok!

You do seem to have given it some thought which is better than what some people do, so I'm sure you've come to the right decision for you.

Don't worry, it'll be fine :smile:.
Reply 4
What is so bad about Neuadd Willis then?

Just the fact that not many first years will be there?
Reply 5
There is nothing "so bad" about it, it's merely the fact that when you're a first year it's all about meeting loads of your peers, having a good time, experiencing living with people on your corridor etc etc. Our concerns about Rosie going to Neuadd Willis, were based on the fact that mostly non freshers will be living there and it's nice to have friends close by who are in the same situation; new to uni etc.

It looks really nice from what I've seen, I was just expressing my view that I think first year students, in my opinion, should be surrounded by other first years.

Of course it depends on the person, and if someone doesn't mind being in different accommodation to almost every other fresher and can make friends easily without needing a corridor full of nervous students then great.
Reply 6
Hope it works out for you. I will be living across the road from you on Farrar Road (if you look on a map you will see the the accomadation is partly on Farrar Road) so I won't be far! If you want any help moving in or whenever let me know. :smile:
Reply 7
thanks for all your help n advice nat n amy - I've not just completely ignored you, i do agree with what your saying its just that 18 ppl sounded so scary to me.

I guess i'll just have to try extra hard to make friends- I have a friend from sheffield (rob) who will be in hallls so maybe I could hang around with him at his halls for the first few days so I can be surrounded by freshers too:rolleyes:
Reply 8
ames123
Hope it works out for you. I will be living across the road from you on Farrar Road (if you look on a map you will see the the accomadation is partly on Farrar Road) so I won't be far! If you want any help moving in or whenever let me know. :smile:

wow!thanks!!! I'm moving in on the 20th n it'd be really great to have a friendly face around. will you be in Bangor then?:biggrin:
Reply 9
I don't think for one minute you've completely ignored me! At the end of the day, I and Amy and anyone else can only give our opinions and advice, you are the one that has to live there or Emrys or whatever so only you can know if you'll like it or not etc etc.

You will make friends, it'll just be a different halls environment than if you were halls with other freshers.

Nothing to worry about!
Reply 10
rosie0204
thanks for all your help n advice nat n amy - I've not just completely ignored you, i do agree with what your saying its just that 18 ppl sounded so scary to me.

I guess i'll just have to try extra hard to make friends- I have a friend from sheffield (rob) who will be in hallls so maybe I could hang around with him at his halls for the first few days so I can be surrounded by freshers too:rolleyes:

I don't think I said being there would be not as good as halls, maybe I did I don't know! I think you'll be fine there. Just make sure you make friends with people on your course, go along to events, join a club and you should be fine. You are doing linguistics arn't you, a girl who is living in the same house as me is doing that?
Reply 11
rosie0204
wow!thanks!!! I'm moving in on the 20th n it'd be really great to have a friendly face around. will you be in Bangor then?:biggrin:

Oh yes you will be moving in earlier won't you. I think so, I shall let you know. At least you can familiarise yourself with the place before the rest of the students arrive who are in halls!
Reply 12
sexysax
I don't think for one minute you've completely ignored me! At the end of the day, I and Amy and anyone else can only give our opinions and advice, you are the one that has to live there or Emrys or whatever so only you can know if you'll like it or not etc etc.

You will make friends, it'll just be a different halls environment than if you were halls with other freshers.

Nothing to worry about!

Yeah and you can go in halls in 3rd if you did want to get the halls experience, though to be honest I think some of the halls such as the one I was in are pretty similar to where you are going to be living in terms of layout and furniture etc.
Reply 13
ames123
Oh yes you will be moving in earlier won't you. I think so, I shall let you know. At least you can familiarise yourself with the place before the rest of the students arrive who are in halls!

I've been told that the earliest I can move in is the 15th, but i dunno if anyone will be able to take me up that early. Yeah let me know, can I add you to my msn contacts?
Reply 14
rosie0204
Anway, I was just wondering if anybody knows exactly how far away they are from other student accomodation?

In terms of how far it is from other student accomodation, have you been to Bangor and know where Morrisons is? If so then it is probably the distance from there to Ffrithh again on the other side if that makes sense. St Marys is along the High Street a bit near varsity and up the hill.

You are across the road from Lidl and cinema and like Nat said very close to the train station, so good facilities around you.
Reply 15
rosie0204
I've been told that the earliest I can move in is the 15th, but i dunno if anyone will be able to take me up that early. Yeah let me know, can I add you to my msn contacts?

Doesn't really matter, 20th is early enough unless you wanted to move in earlier.
Reply 16
ames123
Doesn't really matter, 20th is early enough unless you wanted to move in earlier.

no 20th is okay, i don't want too long on my own before the other freshers arrive:p:
Reply 17
ames123
In terms of how far it is from other student accomodation, have you been to Bangor and know where Morrisons is? If so then it is probably the distance from there to Ffrithh again on the other side if that makes sense. St Marys is along the High Street a bit near varsity and up the hill.

You are across the road from Lidl and cinema and like Nat said very close to the train station, so good facilities around you.

Ok, ignore that about the cinema, just found out the cinema is about to close! That's a shame. You can hop on a train to Llanduno to that one though (which is why the Bangor is closing).
Reply 18
ames123
Ok, ignore that about the cinema, just found out the cinema is about to close! That's a shame. You can hop on a train to Llanduno to that one though (which is why the Bangor is closing).

:biggrin: sounds more fun to me
Hey

Contrats on the room. Which room is yours anyway?

I am in D2b and my boyfriend is D2a.

Latest