The Student Room Group

The Beauty of Turkey

The famous places in Turkey is Hagai Sophia, Sultan Ahmed Mosque (Blue Mosque), Pamukkale, Mount Nemrut, Dolmabahce Palace, Topkapi Palace, Bodrum Castle, Library of Celsus, Grand Bazaar, Patara Beach, Basilica Cistem, Galata Tower, Chora Church, Istanbul Archaeology Museums, Turkish and Muslim Arts Museum, Rustem Pasha Mosque, House of Virgin Mary, Duden Waterfalls, Eyup Sultan Mosque, Hadrian's Gate, Maiden's Tower, Pyramid, Alanya castle, Phaselis, Manavgat Waterfalls, Cunda Island, Istanbul Aquarium, Selimiye Mosque and many more. More beaches, waterfalls, hilly areas and many more interesting things or place are there in Turkey. Turkey is very beautiful place to visit. Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey and its capital is Ankara. The Grand Bazaar is the largest covered markets in the world. For more information visit namasteturkey.

Scroll to see replies

Food man, the food ! :biggrin: Im from Turkey :smile:
Reply 2
Adana Kebab, Testi Kebab, Sac Kavurma, Menemen, Kofte, Dolma, Borek, Lahmacun & Pide, Manti, Mezes, Corba, Gozleme, Kumpir, Pide, Kofte, Baklava, Street kebab, Menemen, Mezes and many more dishes/food are famous in Turkey....
Reply 3
Original post by HarDav143
Adana Kebab, Testi Kebab, Sac Kavurma, Menemen, Kofte, Dolma, Borek, Lahmacun & Pide, Manti, Mezes, Corba, Gozleme, Kumpir, Pide, Kofte, Baklava, Street kebab, Menemen, Mezes and many more dishes/food are famous in Turkey....

Stop, im starving already.
Going Turkey-Istanbul on the 27th :biggrin:
Original post by PsychologyLover
Going Turkey-Istanbul on the 27th :biggrin:

Good date, the weather will be less oppressive but i cant say something for sure, climate change you know :biggrin: It might come in handy if you bring a raincoat.Also i live in Istanbul, feel free to ask if you have questions :smile:
Reply 7
You choose a nice date, Manson season is there in Istanbul so you take raincoat and umbrella with you. Visit the places that I have mentioned in the post. For more information visit namasteturkey.
I was in Alanya and I love this place! I fell in love with this beautiful view and the best cuisine in the world, I really recommended Turkey
Reply 9
Don't forget all the greasy turks that follow you around everywhere trying to come on to you
I really would love to visit Istanbul. It is one of the world's greatest cities, and has so much history- Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman.
Here is a blend of pics from me hope it makes you more enthusiastic :smile:

Beyazıt Tower (being restored recently), Grand Bazaar,Istanbul University-Faculty of Law gate in Beyazıt square(My uni but not my gate unfortunately :biggrin:),my uni's botanic garden.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by geneticist
Good date, the weather will be less oppressive but i cant say something for sure, climate change you know :biggrin: It might come in handy if you bring a raincoat.Also i live in Istanbul, feel free to ask if you have questions :smile:

Oh cool that's wicked living there.. Well i did go istanbul when I was 7 which was a very long time back but now I'm 21 parents thought going now is better even if I have been before so we understand better. I didn't wanna go at first but I guess as days are getting closer I'm quite looking forward to it. Well I don't need help at the moment as I have done my research :biggrin: I looked on trip advisor and got a list of things to do the list is very long but I'm sure 7 nights is enough. :smile::smile:
Original post by HarDav143
You choose a nice date, Manson season is there in Istanbul so you take raincoat and umbrella with you. Visit the places that I have mentioned in the post. For more information visit namasteturkey.

Thanks for that:biggrin:
Hey guys :biggrin::biggrin:
So I just wanted to make an update I came back from Turkey last night and I will describe the whole trip in 1 work fabulous :smile:
I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.. just beautiful.
Original post by PsychologyLover
Hey guys :biggrin::biggrin:
So I just wanted to make an update I came back from Turkey last night and I will describe the whole trip in 1 work fabulous :smile:
I didn't expect it to be as good as it was.. just beautiful.

Glad to hear that ! I also will post more Istanbul pics.Hope you liked the food :biggrin:
Original post by geneticist
Glad to hear that ! I also will post more Istanbul pics.Hope you liked the food :biggrin:

The food was quite okay I had McDonald's twice and had a few Turkish dishes to eat so overall the food was very pleasant :smile: I would definitely go back again soon and to the very same hotel :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swan stardust
Pilaf,pita and simit are great! :biggrin:
Would you mind me asking,how is life in Turkey like? :h:

Yes, they are :biggrin:
Can you be more specific please cause I don't know where to start :biggrin:
Brilliant thread :biggrin:
Turkey is amazing, a really beautiful country :smile:

(I'm not just saying that because I'm Turkish :redface:)

Quick Reply

Latest