The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Postgraduate and newbie to Cardiff

Hey Guys and Gals, My name is Charlotte and im moving to Cardiff on the 17th of September to start my 1+3 masters and PhD through the Cardiff business school and social sciences. I don't know anyone down there and would like to meet some new people. Im interested in joining the trampolining and badminton clubs (i currently play badminton for a local team).
Please email or answer this thread if you are in the same boat or interested in meeting me when i move down.

Charlie
Reply 1
Hey

My name is Hutheifa and I'm moving to Cardiff within approximately 2 weeks. When are you going to live in Cardiff?

At the beginning i was trying to get a place inside the university, but i have heard that it is better to live outside the university to get a calm place to study.

Some students have recommended to me a number of buildings in City Center : Aspect - Autoloso- Admiral- Landmark_ Hayes- Morgan

have you heard about them?

Thanks
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Hiya, I move down the 17th of September i haven't really thought about areas/landmarks. What are you studying?
Reply 3
I am studying civil engineering.

Did you get a place to live ?
Original post by hoohal
I am studying civil engineering.

Did you get a place to live ?

Hiya, yeah i found a house in Cathays. have you?
Reply 5
Original post by Charliemilly123
Hey Guys and Gals, My name is Charlotte and im moving to Cardiff on the 17th of September to start my 1+3 masters and PhD through the Cardiff business school and social sciences. I don't know anyone down there and would like to meet some new people. Im interested in joining the trampolining and badminton clubs (i currently play badminton for a local team).
Please email or answer this thread if you are in the same boat or interested in meeting me when i move down.

Charlie

Hi there,

make sure you attend a lot of the fresher's week stuff, there's dedicated postgrad events as well in the Graduate Centre, and you probably will be invited to a PhD induction as well (later as stand-alone PhD students don't start before the 1 October). That way you should get to know plenty of other people.
Original post by c2uk
Hi there,

make sure you attend a lot of the fresher's week stuff, there's dedicated postgrad events as well in the Graduate Centre, and you probably will be invited to a PhD induction as well (later as stand-alone PhD students don't start before the 1 October). That way you should get to know plenty of other people.

brill thanks:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Charliemilly123
brill thanks:smile:

No prob. Any questions, feel free to ask me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending