The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge hill first years private accommodation

Hi
Ive been confirmed at edge hill although they were my insurance choice so i don't have any accommodation :s-smilie:. Are there any other first years who are still searching for private accommodation???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm still looking, I live nearby anyway so it's not necessary but I'd rather live away. It seems as though everywhere in Ormskirk is gone so I'll probably be living in Liverpool.
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website
Original post by LiamEvans
I'm still looking, I live nearby anyway so it's not necessary but I'd rather live away. It seems as though everywhere in Ormskirk is gone so I'll probably be living in Liverpool.

Unfortunately I live four hours away so I can't live at home hahah and I was looking at Liverpool but knowing my luck id end up sharing a flat with students from Liverpool uni and then I'd have to go to freshers alone 😔
Reply 3
yeah I know what you mean, I'm not sure if I'll even go to most of freshers anyway. are you going to the accommodation events this week?
Reply 4
In the same boat. Liverpool is looking pretty likely, but I'm just trying to work out the overall cost and the cheapest use of the trains.
yeah I know what you mean, I'm not sure if I'll even go to most of freshers anyway. are you going to the accommodation events this week?

I want to go to freshers so i don't miss out on making friends :tongue: and no I live too far away. What course are you going to be studying?

Original post by porter171
In the same boat. Liverpool is looking pretty likely, but I'm just trying to work out the overall cost and the cheapest use of the trains.

I've applied to Grange court in Ormskirk so fingers crossed theres room left :smile:
Reply 6
I'm doing media, music and sound, you? I'm not really that bothered about meeting people at freshers, I live ten minutes away so it's not like I'm alone like a lot of people are hahaa
I'm doing media, music and sound, you? I'm not really that bothered about meeting people at freshers, I live ten minutes away so it's not like I'm alone like a lot of people are hahaa

Lucky, I'm literally going to know no one, my closest friend is going to be in Manchester :s-smilie: hahah I'm probably going to freshers alone :cool: and I'm doing English literature :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by doublebekkah
Lucky, I'm literally going to know no one, my closest friend is going to be in Manchester :s-smilie: hahah I'm probably going to freshers alone :cool: and I'm doing English literature :smile:

If I do go to freshers it'll be alone hahaa, I won't be going on any of the nights out or anything though, ormskirk has the worst nightlife ever and the bars they've organised in town are awful, or at least I think so anyway
If I do go to freshers it'll be alone hahaa, I won't be going on any of the nights out or anything though, ormskirk has the worst nightlife ever and the bars they've organised in town are awful, or at least I think so anyway

ah really??? I thought the freshers events looked quite crap compared to some of the other uni's and maybe I'll see you there then :smile:
ah really??? I thought the freshers events looked quite crap compared to some of the other uni's and maybe I'll see you there then :smile:

That's what I thought anyway, it might be something other people are into but it's not for me, but yeah hopefully we'll meet some other people
Every night looks the same for our freshers tbh theres no fancy dress or anything! I'll probably still go because I won't really care how bad it is if I'm drunk and making friends hahahah :tongue:
Every night looks the same for our freshers tbh theres no fancy dress or anything! I'll probably still go because I won't really care how bad it is if I'm drunk and making friends hahahah :tongue:

hahaha yeah I suppose that's all that matters, just awkward turning up alone really isn't it.
hahaha yeah I suppose that's all that matters, just awkward turning up alone really isn't it.

Yeah i know, thats what I'm really worried about because everyone will turn up with their flatmates and I'll just end up looking like a loner hahahah
Yeah i know, thats what I'm really worried about because everyone will turn up with their flatmates and I'll just end up looking like a loner hahahah

Yeah I know, but lots of people will be turning up alone so I wouldn't worry too much hahaha
Yeah I know, but lots of people will be turning up alone so I wouldn't worry too much hahaha

True, I can't really help it though, I'm a natural worrier. Anyways Good luck with freshers and everything :smile:
True, I can't really help it though, I'm a natural worrier. Anyways Good luck with freshers and everything :smile:

You too!
Reply 17
I'm in the same boat! I don't know what to do 😰 and I definitely don't want to miss out on freshers!
Do you need to ring the uni up for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lydsCb
I'm in the same boat! I don't know what to do 😰 and I definitely don't want to miss out on freshers!

Where are you from? I'm really starting to panic about accommodation now 😓

Original post by nabil921
Do you need to ring the uni up for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

I rang them up yesterday and they said that they are 'over subscribed' this year so were unable to offer me a place in halls. They emailed me a list of flats available to rent but I'm worried in case I don't end up with first years :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending