The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Anyone studying English and American Lit. with Creative Writing?

Hey all,

Just wanted to ask the above question and hopefully say hi to some prospective course mates!

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to start studying it in September . So hello!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Yep, I'll be joining in September. Really looking forward to it :biggrin:
Reply 3
Oooh err, excited. Any book recommendations?
Book recommendations will be on our intranet service called Moodle. I think once you have your login you can try and login to moodle.kent.ac.uk and it should be there on the right hand side of the screen.

Don't buy them all though!
(edited 9 years ago)
Are others here also doing a year abroad ? Glad to finally meet others doing my course
Reply 6
I'm considering it, but its really expensive =(.
Hey, I'm doing this course too and have found quite a few people doing it on Facebook too. Wish I had chosen to do a year abroad now, very expensive though. Have you all got your accommodation offers? :smile:
Hey, I'll be joining you guys come september. Very exciting stuff! Is anyone going to be housed in Purchas court?
Original post by StanleyArms
Hey, I'll be joining you guys come september. Very exciting stuff! Is anyone going to be housed in Purchas court?

Yeah me! What house are you in? :smile:
Original post by amarabennington
Yeah me! What house are you in? :smile:

23 i think? just confirmed it today
(edited 9 years ago)
I think you can still choose to do a year abroad once your there. It only an extra 15,000 debt:wink: may as well enjoy it before we spend our miserable working life paying it back. Is anyone in Darwin house ?
Reply 12
Still not had anything back about my accommodation =( I'm applying to live in Tyler Court but I don't think that's been settled yet.
Reply 13
I'm very much looking forward to starting! I applied for Tyler Court and didn't get it, unfortunately, but I'm hoping the accommodation I got (Nickle Court, Park Wood) will be just as nice, especially as it's nearly the same price. I saw a thread from 2008 complaining that the prices had gone up to four grand. Things have gotten so expensive recently. :-(
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by valdezes
I'm very much looking forward to starting! I applied for Tyler Court and didn't get it, unfortunately, but I'm hoping the accommodation I got (Nickle Court, Park Wood) will be just as nice, especially as it's nearly the same price. I saw a thread from 2008 complaining that the prices had gone up to four grand. Things have gotten so expensive recently. :-(

I'm in nickel court! Flat 1:smile:

I'm not doing creative writing but I am doing English and American Literature so I don't know if I'll see some of you in class or anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by KirstBarlow
I'm in nickel court! Flat 1:smile:

I'm not doing creative writing but I am doing English and American Literature so I don't know if I'll see some of you in class or anything

Woo! You're the first other person I've seen that's going to be in Nickle Court! I'm in Flat 19, I think

I see! We might end in the same lectures if we pick/have to do the same modules :tongue:
Original post by valdezes
Woo! You're the first other person I've seen that's going to be in Nickle Court! I'm in Flat 19, I think

I see! We might end in the same lectures if we pick/have to do the same modules :tongue:

I've seen a few from nickel but none for flat 1! Hopefully all the flats combine and throw parties!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have anyone selected their modules yet?

Its confusing me as it says you have to have 120 credits each stage and they give you a required module. Then it says you have to take at least 60 credits worth of optional modules but where do you get the other 30 from? Can you chose all 3 modules or can you take a wild module? If you do take a wild module lime from stage 2 or 3 - are you then put in a class room of people older then you?

My head hurts
Original post by KirstBarlow
Have anyone selected their modules yet?

Its confusing me as it says you have to have 120 credits each stage and they give you a required module. Then it says you have to take at least 60 credits worth of optional modules but where do you get the other 30 from? Can you chose all 3 modules or can you take a wild module? If you do take a wild module lime from stage 2 or 3 - are you then put in a class room of people older then you?

My head hurts

Hey, I'm also doing English and American Lit with Creative writing and the module set up is also driving me crazy! Not sure if the one 30 credit that's a year long is split into 3 terms or two, so if its just two then do I select 2 optional 30 modules? I also have two 15 credit compulsory units...long night ahead me thinks...
Original post by Maddy_Dunn
Hey, I'm also doing English and American Lit with Creative writing and the module set up is also driving me crazy! Not sure if the one 30 credit that's a year long is split into 3 terms or two, so if its just two then do I select 2 optional 30 modules? I also have two 15 credit compulsory units...long night ahead me thinks...

I've ended up with 5 modules - 3 30 credit ones and 2 15 - which are split - ones in Autumn and the other is Spring.

The two 15 credits are my two wild card modules but are still related to English Lit - ones classic literature which is connect to Greek Mythology and exploring themes and mofits that influence Western Literature and the other is Childhood and Adolescence in modern fiction which is also about themes but more rigorously.

Form what I saw, the 30 credit modules are 1-24 weeks long. So basically a year. As long as you have 120 credits at the end of it, I think you can chose whatever wild modules you want and obviously whatever optional modules too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending