The Student Room Group

Learning a new language

cuz i didnt get a chance 2 do a european language at school, i have decided that i am going to learn spanish outside school hours.

i have applied for an introductory course in adult learning at college. do u think they will let me on the course considering i will be starting AS nxt week at sixth form.

do u think it is possible to learn through a CD?
You have to be 18 for some adult colleges, so check this isn't the case for the one you've applied to. It would probably be possible to get to a basic level with just a CD, but it would be best to get a book as well. I learnt Spanish outside school this year on top of my A-levels and took the GCSE at the end of it, so let me know if you have any questions.
Reply 2
hey. i need 2 learn it from scratch. i aint even dun french. 2 learn it from scratch wat book and cd would u recommend and do u think it is sensible to learn on top of 4 AS levels.

but i need 2 do this cuz i wanna go in2 business and it is very competitive.
kingw
hey. i need 2 learn it from scratch. i aint even dun french. 2 learn it from scratch wat book and cd would u recommend and do u think it is sensible to learn on top of 4 AS levels.

but i need 2 do this cuz i wanna go in2 business and it is very competitive.

What sort of level are you hoping to reach? I got from scratch to GCSE level in a year on top of 4 A2s, but I did French A-level, so it might be harder for you with no previous experience of a European language. If you're looking for something to impress universities, it might be best to take a recognised qualification like a GCSE. I think some colleges offer it even if you haven't studied it before. You could also take a distance learning course like I did, but they're really expensive. Another option might be to take joint honours business and Spanish as a degree, where some unis will let you take Spanish from scratch. Alongside my GCSE course, I used a book called 'Teach Yourself Spanish' which comes with a CD or tape. I got it from WH Smith. They sold loads of teach yourself books for languages, and other good bookshops like Waterstones probably do as well.
Reply 4
i was thinkin of doing in an introduction to spanish first. i applied for a part time course but i dunno if i will be eligible for adult learning.

i want 2 do it up2 gcse level. i hav 2 find a good book and cd. do u think i will be able 2 do it considering i dnt hav any experience in a european language.

also, where would i be able 2 do gcse spanish as i dnt think my 6form do it yet..only french :mad:

could i sit a gcse spanish exam with no lessons but with another centre..but thr will be oral tests and so on.

Latest

Trending

Trending