University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

History 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chananigans
I emailed the department and there is no reading list, we get given one when we start and go to the induction on 29th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exciting times ahead. My love for History is undying :colondollar:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by chananigans
I emailed the department and there is no reading list, we get given one when we start and go to the induction on 29th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

great thank you! :smile:
I'm doing history and staying in John Foster :smile:
Reply 23
Hey 😊 do u know what block ur in? I know I'm in John Foster but dont know my specific block like Kilby etc
I'm in Medbourne
Reply 25
Hellooo, I'm doing History this year! Staying in Mary Gee. If anyone hasn't got it yet, the history department sent an email about inductions to the student email account which had reading lists and information about what goes on in the induction :smile: can't wait to start now!!
And I studied A level History, but I bet you'll have the right support to get you through. I think in first year they aim to get all the freshers to the same academic level before they begin all the really complicated work! If they let you on the course then they think you're capable enough to handle it :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by Katie195
Hellooo, I'm doing History this year! Staying in Mary Gee. If anyone hasn't got it yet, the history department sent an email about inductions to the student email account which had reading lists and information about what goes on in the induction :smile:

Where did you go to login into the student email?
Reply 27
If you've already got your username and stuff you login here: http://webmail.le.ac.uk

After I did the online registration, the IT Dept emailed me about it :smile:
Reply 28
If you've already got your username and stuff you login here: http://webmail.le.ac.uk

After I did the online registration, the IT Dept emailed me about it :smile:

Thanks, found the email. I'm trying to login but it's saying username or password is incorrect, and I know for a fact that neither is incorrect
Reply 29
Hmm, well perhaps they haven't registered everyone yet? Here's the reading list in case you were wondering:

Suggested reading for Module HS1005- From Renaissance to Enlightenment

It is strongly recommended that you buy at least one of the core textbooks for this course, which are:

Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks, Early Modern Europe, 1450-1789 (2nd edition: Cambridge, 2013). [See also the companion website at http://www.cambridge.org/features/wiesnerhanks/default.html#]
Beat Kümin (ed.), The European World, 1500-1800 (2nd edition: London, 2014).

Module HS1010- Europe Reshaped

It is strongly recommended that you buy one of the following:
M. Anderson, The Ascendency of Europe 1815-1914 (Harlow, 2003).
D. Blackbourn: The Long Nineteenth Century: A History of Germany, 1780-1918 (Oxford, 2002).
T.C.W. Blanning, The Nineteenth Century: Europe 1789-1914 (Oxford, 2000).
C. Bayly, The Birth of the Modern World. 1780 - 1914 (Oxford, 2004).
Eric Hobsbawm, The Age of Empire. 1875-1914 (London, 1987).
R. Gildea, Barricades and Borders. Europe 1800-1914 (Oxford, 2003).
J. Merriman, A History of Modern Europe. Volume 2: From the French Revolution to the Present (London, 2004).
J. Osterhammel, The Transformation of the World:A Global History of the Nineteenth Century. Princeton University Press 2014
E. S. Rosenberg (ed.), A World Connecting, 1870-1945. HArvard University Press 2012

Module guides for both of the above modules will be issued during the introductory lecture.
Reply 30
Hmm, well perhaps they haven't registered everyone yet? Here's the reading list in case you were wondering:

Suggested reading for Module HS1005- From Renaissance to Enlightenment

It is strongly recommended that you buy at least one of the core textbooks for this course, which are:

Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks, Early Modern Europe, 1450-1789 (2nd edition: Cambridge, 2013). [See also the companion website at http://www.cambridge.org/features/wiesnerhanks/default.html#]
Beat Kümin (ed.), The European World, 1500-1800 (2nd edition: London, 2014).

Module HS1010- Europe Reshaped

It is strongly recommended that you buy one of the following:
M. Anderson, The Ascendency of Europe 1815-1914 (Harlow, 2003).
D. Blackbourn: The Long Nineteenth Century: A History of Germany, 1780-1918 (Oxford, 2002).
T.C.W. Blanning, The Nineteenth Century: Europe 1789-1914 (Oxford, 2000).
C. Bayly, The Birth of the Modern World. 1780 - 1914 (Oxford, 2004).
Eric Hobsbawm, The Age of Empire. 1875-1914 (London, 1987).
R. Gildea, Barricades and Borders. Europe 1800-1914 (Oxford, 2003).
J. Merriman, A History of Modern Europe. Volume 2: From the French Revolution to the Present (London, 2004).
J. Osterhammel, The Transformation of the World:A Global History of the Nineteenth Century. Princeton University Press 2014
E. S. Rosenberg (ed.), A World Connecting, 1870-1945. HArvard University Press 2012

Module guides for both of the above modules will be issued during the introductory lecture.

Thanks! The reading list is starting to make it all feel real now :tongue: We're going to be University students in 17 days time! :biggrin:
Reply 31
No problem :wink: haha I know, it's so exciting! just want to get busy now, wish the term started earlier!
Original post by rainingmen
Hey Im doing history with american studies, in stoughton leys house which is really cheap but its on the edge of the student village

It's on the far edge. At least the sports hall is on your doorstep. I use to live in Fields which is two houses over. You'll end up getting into a fun turf war with Bredon no doubt.

Just a warning, the admin in history can be shocking at times!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending